05

Eunseo's POV

*2 weeks later*

I haven't come to school ever since the day Lucas left me on the practise room. Since today was Sunday, I decided to meet Yeoreum at a park.

"Why are you here? Where's Eunjin?" She asked. She was about to leave but I pulled her hand.

"Eunjin didn't come. I know if you know I'm the one who wants to see you, you won't come so I used her help." I explained. "Yeoreum, are you going to ignore me forever? Are you still mad?"

"You bet I am." She said without looking at my face.

"I'm sorry."

"Wow, this is the first time I heard an apology from you." She replied.

"Initially, I really wanted to help you get revenge. But eventually, I fell in love with him. I've tought about this for a few days, I'm fine living without a boyfriend but I can't live without a friend." I looked down on the floor.

She then laughed. "Apology accepted. But frankly you and Lucas are really a perfect match." She looked at me.

"Can you stop teasing me?" I glared at her.

"I'm not teasing you. Furthermore..I have..someone new already." She was blushing when she mentioned about it.

"What?"

~~~

"The point is both of you are long prepared for the competition, right? Isn't it a waste if you give up now? She's a girl, just forgive her. Can you, Lucas? You have to consider it too." As I walked passing the men toilet, I heard the conversation between Mr. Im and Lucas. Did he chose to..give up?

Without a doubt, I entered the men toilet. I saw Lucas was washing his hands. He then looked at me.

"Get out." I said as the other guys went out, Mr. Im as well.

"I need to talk to you." I said to him.

"We have nothing to talk about." He replied right away.

"Why didn't you come for the rehearsal?" I asked him in order to know if he was still mad at me.

"Haven't you had enough?" He raised his voice to me. I was shocked that this was the first time I saw him really mad. He then left the toilet.

"Come back!" I yelled but he didn't turn to me so I chased him. "Stop right there!" He then stopped when he heard my request. "I know I was wrong and I don't expect you to forgive me. But we've worked hard for so long. Isn't it a waste if we give up like this?" I asked.

He scoffed and turned to me. "All this while, you set me up. You still want to fool me? You think it's funny to play with people's feelings?" He looked really serious when he mentioned this out. As he finished his sentence, he walked away from me. I could feel the distance between us became bigger than before.

"Weren't you flirting with me?!" I yelled, wishing this would stop him. I shed my tears looking at the person whom I love walking away from my side.

Lucas slowly turned back to me. "I wasn't planning to flirting with you, I was truly in love with you!" He walked faster than just now.

"I love you too, Lucas."

As this day passed, that was how we end it. Sometimes, I would ask myself before sleep; "Is this really the end?". But I realized, it is. We've no longer talk to each other nor greet each other. He even avoided me whenever we bump into each other. I should've learnt this at first, a lie will only destroy the relationship. If only I could tell him how I really feel about him..it would be better than now.

I sat alone, remembering back the memories we had. From the first time I know him to the last time I talk to him. My days were ruined without him by my side. I'm wondering, did he think of the same thing as I did?

~~~

I waited with my friends at backstage. Even on the day of the competition, he didn't appear. I sighed as I stood up. "Sir, we quit." I ended my last word.

"Eunseo, are you sure?" My friends asked me to think about it twice. But still, nothing would change if he didn't come.

"Alright, I'll inform the committee." Mr. Im said and nodded.

"Hwang Eunseo, did you really give up?" Seunghee asked. I only ignored them and packed my stuffs back.

"We now welcome the last group of tonight's competition. Hwang Eunseo and Lucas." My eyes turned widen as I heard the announcement.

He came? I ran to the stage and opened the curtain from the left side. I saw him was standing straight in front of me. He turned to me and smile.

"You..came." I said to myself as I shed my tears. We entered the main entrance and danced.

After the competition ended, everyone left the stage. All the light had closed except for the last light on the stage. Lucas and I held each others' hands.

"I love you, Eunseo." He said as he smiled to me.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally fall for you at first. But now, I'll keep on loving you forever." I smiled back.

"You have to." He then pressed his lips against mine.

After all, this is the best ending in my story. I got to be with the person I love. This made me learnt a new lesson. Even if we didn't plan to love someone, the power of love can make us to.

~The End~