Chapter 2

'My throat hurts so bad. I don't know if I can speak correctly.'

"It's normal if you're not able to talk right away. Your throat may be irritated. Nod if you understand what I'm saying." Miranda Bailey was so calming, she could be so soft with her patients. That's one of the things Alex remembered the most of her past life.

" Okay so here's a checkup. You have 4 fractured ribs, wich ponctured your lung but we fixed that. Your right arm and leg broken and a concussion. Also your face is very bruised but it will heal. You won't need plastic surgery. You were really lucky to be here on time or you wouldn't have made it. If you have any question, feel free to write them down for me. "Bailey waited to see Alex's response, but she simply nodded 'no'." Alright. See you in 2 hours for the visits. " Bailey exited the room and closed the door behind her.

Sam got up from her bed, a leg in a cast, to go next to Alex." Oh god Alex! I was so scared you wouldn't wake up."

Sam and Kara were holding each of Alex's hands. But Kara started crying. "oh Alex, I was so scared. I thought that I had lost you."

Alex knew that she couldn't speak much, but she didn't want kara and Sam to learn about her past from someone else. She knew that at one point, her face was gonna get better and that someone would recognize her." I'm sorry " She said with a husky voice. That's all she managed to say.

"Don't be sorry!" Sam said. "It wasn't your fault, trust me."

Kara looked at Alex in a suspicious way. She knew it was about something else, but decided to talk about it later. When Alex will be better. "Let's just give her some time to rest. Sam? Want to go get breakfast with me?"

"No thank you. I'm staying with Alex." Sam grabbed Alex's hand.

"Okay, I'm taking some waffles back for you alright?"

"Perfect!"

~A couple of hours later.

Dr Bailey enters Alex and Sam's rooms with a bunch of interns behind her. "Hello Ladies, how are you doing?" The sound of her voice was happy but she looked sad when her eyes landed on Alex.

"I'm feeling okay....Alex's starting to speak again!" Sam got a little bit too excited on her wheelchair.

"Ouch, my hears." She said with a her still Husky voice. Alex's medication was strong but couldn't take away all the pain. The lights were too bright, and the disinfectant's smell didn't help her headache at all.

"I'm glad to hear that. Wilson!" Dr Bailey looked at one resident. A tall and very pretty woman.

"Samantha Arias. Early thirties woman, with a broken leg and a concussion."Dr Wilson's voice was soft and calm, even reassuring." Alexandra Danvers. Early thirties woman, with 4 fractured ribs, lungs damage, one broken arm, one broken leg and a concussion. "

" That's my Sister! Always getting into trouble. " Everyone turned at the door to see Kara, mouth full and waffles in her hands." Oh, sorry. Anyone wants some waffles? " A tiny intern with glasses held his hand up.

" Blood Bank! Seriously? " Dr Wilson glared at him." Get out! I've seen enough of you already. Sorry about that."

"Miss Danvers? Miss Arias? I need to talk to Alex in private. Would you mind stepping outside for a moment?" Dr Bailey's voice was still so soft.

"Of course. " Sam and Kara almost said it at the exacte same time. And then get out of the room.

"Miss Danvers, I feel compelled to ask because you remind me of someone from my past. A big part of your body is covered in scars and burns. Where do they come from?" Miranda is now seated next to Alex with sadness and worry in her eyes.

"Oh.... It's just.. Just from my job."

"Your job??" She said a little bit too loud.

"I'm a FBI agent. My works involve a lot of fighting." She exhaled her answer with fear. Remembering every one of her scars. Mostly the ones from the plane crash.

"Oh okay... Sorry, it was very unprofessional of me to ask such personal questions." Miranda got up from the bed and left the room waving goodbye.

Kara bursts in the room. "Alex I need to talk to you in private! Sam's in the restroom, we've got some time."

"What do you want?" Alex changes her position from lying to sitting.

"Are we where I think we are?" She seemed both stressed, scared. "What are you gonna do? What will happen in a few days when your face starts to heal?"

"I don't know. But I have to tell Sam! I don't want to lie to her." Alex insist on her last sentence.

"You can't! We already have a cover over our cover. I'm not even suppose to know about this whole place." Kara is now walking from one corner of the room to the other.

"Well, J'onn doesn't have to know."

"What shouldn't I have to know?"

There it is! Chapter two. Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked this chapter.
LOVE!