Chapter 8

"She's in a coma. How? What happened?" Sam said confused.

"I don't think we should have to worry. It can happen sometimes. I'm gonna ask for a scan to be sur, but she should be awake in a few days max." Meredith said in a calming way. What she didn't know was that Kara could hear her heart racing. Yes, it was probably nothing but Meredith didn't want to lose her sister again.

The next day, everyone had decided to keep Alex a secret. She was the only one that could decide who should know. Webber kept checking-in on her from time to time while Meredith came as much as she could. A lot of people noticed that she was acting weird.

On the second day after Alex's surgery, Arizona came to visit. She was clearly excited about the whole girlfriend thing.

"Hey!" Arizona said knocking on the door. "Remember me? Can I come in?"

"Of course we remember you, come in, come in." Kara said getting up so she could greet Arizona.

"How are you girls today?" Arizona asked with a little less happy note.

"Not so bad, just waiting for Alex to wake up." Sam said holding Alex's hand tightly. "What about you?"

"Oh, just a normal day so far." Arizona couldn't stop herself. She had to ask. "Sooo, how long have you and Lex-Alex been dating?" She asked with a big smile, wich really meant 'I wanna know Everything!

"Well, we knew each other for about a year or so, but our first date was the accident day." Arizona immediately felt bad for asking. When Sam saw her face, she started talking about better memories. "But the date was Amazing! I've never met anyone like her." Sam stared at Alex lovingly.

"When did she come out? None knew about it here." Arizona asked out of curiosity.

"She came out almost two years ago." Kara answered for Sam. "She found out pretty late actually."

"How did I not noticed? I always notice those things." Arizona asked herself.

"Maybe because your gaydar is broken."

"Alex!" everyone said completely surprised.

"wow. Quiet please.... Can someone explain what the hell happened to me." Alex said trying to sit up.

"Well, you almost laughed yourself to death!" Kara said mocking her sister.

"Why is my body so sore? I feel like I didn't move for days." Alex said yawning.

"Because you didn't..." Sam looked at Alex sadly and kissed her with passion.

"What do you mean?" Alex respond confused.

"You've been in a coma for three days, but now you're awake!" Arizona said happily. "I missed you so much." Arizona gave Alex a hug trying not to hurt her.

"I missed you too Arizona." Alex said when Arizona stood back up.

"Sooooo." Arizona wiggled her eyebrows. "You're dating a pretty lady."

Alex let out a laugh. "Why does that not surprise me?"

"I'm the gayest person in this hospital, plus I'm super curious."

Alex laughed at the statement. "Well you're not wrong. How's Callie?"

A huge silence fell in the room at Alex's question. "Actually, she's good. She's living in New York with Sofia..... We got divorced."

Alex immediately felt bad for asking. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

"Don't be sorry. You had no way of knowing." Arizona hid her frown with a big smile like she used to."But let's talk about you! You're the one who came back from the dead!"

"Well you're not wrong. Richard told you about it yet?" Alex asked.

"No, he said it wasn't his place to tell."

"Well, sounds like I have to tell you a long story."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few days, Alex couldn't stand her room. She wanted to go out, walking at least. But she couldn't just walk around in the hospital. So she had the idea to just tell everybody once and for all.

"Are you sur about that?" Jo asked her new friend.

"One hundred percent!" Alex was sitting in a wheelchair and Jo was pushing her. Webber reunited everyone in the conference room. Alex was in the backroom waiting for everyone to enter and sit.

"Hello everyone, I'm here today to tell you something very important." Richard started speaking in the microphone while Kara, Sam and Ruby were standing behind him. "I present to you Kara Danvers, Sam Arias and Ruby Arias. They're here today because one of their loved one was in an accident."

Chief Bailey got up and asked. "I'm sorry sir but I'm sur everyone in this room is really busy. I took care of this patient and there's nothing special."

"Well Miranda, she wasn't special at first. Because you couldn't see her face. Now everyone, you've all known this patient for years..... But not as a patient... As a colleague."

Everyone in the room started whispering to those next to them. Many had guesses about who the person was but everyone was wrong.

" Alexandra Danvers, you probably don't recognize that last name, but you surely remember the first. "

Some people like Owen Hunt or Alex Karev seemed shocked as they guessed who the person was. But Others like April Kepner were totally confused.

At Richard's words, Jo came out of the backroom pushing Alex in her wheelchair." Hello guys!"

Tadaaaa! Sorry if it's a little bit shorter but... I have no excuse. I wanted to end with a cliffhanger, the way I like it!
LOVE!