The Beginning of War

Beams of light shoot down from the sky, similar to how the warp pads operate. They touch the centers of intersections between roads all over the world. Nobody but news teams and those with cameras, after recording the beam and slowing down the footage as well as using close-ups on it, see that there are gemstones going through it, into the ground. One man in Visalia, with an average life, is walking through the downtown district with some friends of his that are visiting. Popular YouTubers named Samuel Denby from Wendover Productions and Half as Interesting, Joseph Pisenti from RealLifeLore, Brian McManus from Real Engineering, and Dave Wiskus.

They look at where the beam struck and see a steaming hole in the center of the intersection of Encina and Main. A rock is picked up by the man, who finds that it's not hot, but cold. Something fishy is going on. A rumbling is heard from underground and the man decides to, while moving further back from the hole, talk to the officers on what might be underground that is moving. It must be trying to surface, probably by breaking the ground above it. He has seen the 2005 War of the Worlds film before. With the existence of animated beings on Earth and there being life outside of Earth, it might be the only explanation.

Suddenly, the hole grows bigger as more cracks appear in the intersection, the "faultlines" extending to buildings resulting in sections being "sliced in half". More of the intersection becomes pieces like a wave, with the man getting out as something is forming around the entire intersection. He sees something that gives him the idea that the thing is rotating. The breaking ends with the Visalia Fox Theater being sliced in half as well, with everything rotating clockwise. The rotating stops, with no one in the intersection. Everything seems to have quieted down.

The man decides to check if it's safe to walk on the intersection, but before his foot touches it, the entire intersection rises up like a hill and then comes crashing down, the pieces being destroyed even further. Lots of dust flows out into the skies as the parts of the buildings torn off from the remainders come crashing down as well, filling the intersection that is no longer that, but now a gigantic hole. A Toyota Corolla ends up in the pile, much to Joseph's pessimism. 

About 10-20 seconds later, something from underneath, at least it what it looks like, pushes everything out of the hole and everything lands everywhere else all over Visalia, destroying buildings, roads, etc. Joseph even sees the Corolla land on another automobile, both cars getting crushed by the impact. Then, after another few seconds, in the dust clouds, machine-like sounds are heard as a gigantic hand, which appears to be mechanical, comes out of the hole and land itself on the ground.

Because of support, something the hand and arm was a part of comes rising out of the ground, revealing a two-eyed humanoid-like machine, which would appear to have a mouth similar to Ultron in Age of Ultron. It is humongous, the size I need to come up with. As it slowly rises out of the ground, it is discovered that there are other things like rocket boosters, air vents, fans, hover pads, and other things on the machine are also active and helping it out of the ground. Everyone runs farther from it to be safe, but after the machine rises out of the ground, it lands on its feet and does nothing. More in the next chapter...