The Golden Temple

Prologue:

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

She always did enjoy the way the sunlight filtered through the walls, and lit the statues every rising. She always did enjoy the soft glare of the copper, diamond, and stone as it glittered in the sunlight. She would hate to part from it. But, this was now sacred, forbidden ground. What had began as a simple distraction, had unleashed Hades upon the fragile, mortal world. Unbeknownst to many of the devoted followers, the gods fought their war in the shadows. The was had ended, and all that remained was her precious temple. The thing that she held most dear. That is what it had hissed as it met its end. But, how could it know? How could it know what rested at the temple before the war? She stood from her throne the minute the sun settled high into the never lands. Her time had run out. She descended the steps, her skirts brushing what once belonged to her. Followers flanked either side of the path she would take to rejoin her fellow gods. These were the last mortals to know of this temple's location. As a precaution, they would be closed, and shrouded along with the temple. The gods were calling on the oldest, strongest magic for this feat. A feat never to be written; never to be told. The time would come, perhaps, when it would be discovered, but only someone with more than half of a god's blood will be able to find it. Whether they lead an army, or themselves, will only be for time to tell. The gods themselves would sacrifice the prestige, magic, and devotion to protect the secret that hid in that temple. They didn't know what she did. They assumed they could keep it hidden forever. But, she knew things always come to the sunlight. Her temple being one of them. It would shine its way into legends, stories, and books. It would pass down through generations. Someone far into the future with tools and knowledge they would never understand, would come searching. She was sure of it. The other gods were waiting for her outside of the temple. She met them with a high chin, confident gait, and sharp eyes that all just accented her beauty. The god of all the gods stepped forward, "is it done?" She turned back to her beloved temple, then raised her arm. The minute the sunlight caught the gold on her wrist, the eye carefully carved at the top of her temple, lit up. A mist conjured up by an ancient magic began to shroud the temple. The ground rumbled as the temple began to sink underground. The gods all watched with rapt attention as their success and mistake was buried for centuries to come. Something wasn't right for her though. All too soon she knew. All too soon, the gods would be called into action. They would need to protect the temple from those good, and those bad. Because the discovery of her temple, was rapidly approaching.