Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

Parker's team followed her and David as they walked to the helicopter landing. For safety measures, there was a large space of sand, smoothed and cleared so that helicopters should land there if needed. In all of Parker's four years of working on this dig, she'd never experienced an actual helicopter landing there. Nothing had ever gone wrong, and they were mostly left alone on this dig. Again, Parker grew worried as she walked. Something was happening, and she had the feeling that it wasn't anything good. For one, it had been a personal call. Straight from one person to the next. There was no space for anyone to know other than the people President Abasi wanted to. That meant they had something big, and history shows that man never knew how to handle big things. Parker had dug up proof of Kings who had it all, but wanted more, women who used their beauty as a dangerous weapon, and wars caused by warriors who thought they were invincible. Cities have been destroyed because of man's infuriating disability to understand and handle the power they had been so graciously given. And, what was the main thing that contributed to power? Gold, money, and things that have been buried in history. Things that were only supposed to be legends. Parker herself knew that legends were dangerous. It put ideas in the weak minds of people that became obsessions. Obsessions that Egypt did not need to bring upon their country. She turned and noticed David kept glancing at her. She smirked. Oh, yes, he was up to something big. Parker knew men like David. She dealt with them everyday in her job. When she first got into archeology, they ridiculed her. They said she was too young. Not to mention that be sexist pigs didn't think a woman could surpass them. Ever. Parker spent most of her life proving them wrong. Whereas her friends settled down, got married, and had kids, she spent weeks in Egyptian heat, days in Grecian ruins, and hours in Roman traditions. She hadn't hit 30 yet, but she was dangerously close. Not even her sister-Spencer- with all of her wildness understood why Parker did what she did. Spencer who had just passed 23, shunned college instead to go part with celebrities in Hollywood. Parker could never keep up with her sister's antics. Three months ago, she was a blonde, and staying in the hotel room of some CEO she'd met. Two months ago, she was a redhead, and staying with a couple of friends she knew from her partying. One month ago, she's dyed her hair a glossy purple, and was engaged to an upcoming star. Parker couldn't wait to hear what was happening this month. Spencer put their parents in a constant state of worry and shock. Except, since Spencer was born, the worry was never about Parker. Parker was always the level-minded one. She could handle herself. Lately, she'd been feeling more and more like the rock that holds her family together. The only thing that kept her family from falling apart from the seams. Lana walked beside Parker, "I'll keep an eye on him." Parker didn't respond right away. She cast a sidelong glance at David who had now begun whistling. He should've been more careful. He should've done his research. He thought Parker was just another woman. He thought he could just get away with anything because she would fall for his looks and charm. "You do that," Parker said quietly, "I don't trust him." Lana made a guttural noise that Parker could only estimate meant, 'understatement of the year.'