One

Author's POV:

She sat and twiddled her thumbs numbly, resting her hands in her lap. Her dull gaze slowly flickered up towards Shaxx who stood with his arms rested firmly behind his broad back. His smooth yet slightly rough British accent could be heard from across the Tower as he spoke to those who approached him. He seemed so kind to them all yet so outgoing and encouraging. He thrived every single guardian toward the Crucible.

He turned back towards Y/n with one step of his right foot, "Y/n." He spoke her name softly, immediately grasping onto her attention as she smiled lightly, "I don't want you sitting here all day bored. Why don't you have a walk about? It's your second day here and I want you to have a rough idea of what's what in case something goes wrong." Y/n parted her lips by the slightest and nodded her head gently, she rose from the comfy seat of which she relaxed in before and walked beside him, "If anything happens you come straight back here to me." Y/n nodded her head again one last time before taking her steps past him lightly. She felt his eyes burn holes into her back through his helmet the whole time she shuffled away.

She made it to the stairs and walked up slowly, her gaze keeping forwards and avoiding every guardian that acknowledged her there. Not many people recognised her since she was new.

After making it to the top of the stairs, she haulted there and looked about, marvelling at the many ships that came flying into the surface and out into orbit, into the unknown. A smile scuffed her face as she strolled over to the front, gently placing her hand onto the barrier. She admired the absolutely stunning view before her. The Traveler and the city stood tall and proud. Her eyes sparkled in the many lights that scattered across and before the horizon. She shut her eyes and smiled warmly, the cool breeze brushing past her face gently and trailing behind her sweetly. Her mind lingered over to her charming and incredible husband, Marcel. It was saddening after he slipped right down into a deep coma. She pondered when he will wake up from his hell and finally be reunited back into her own arms.

She deeply missed her two gorgeous children. They both were stunning twins, male and female, bright smiles, big goofy eyes. They went missing after the attack. Y/n didn't know from the slightest if they were alive or dead out there somewhere. They were both gullible and the dark thought of them being deceased instantly crowded her mind.

After minutes of meditation, she opened her lids slowly, the sunset gracefully setting upon the horizon. She exhaled gently and stepped back from the barrier, looking up at the Traveler with her hands clasped together gently, downwards. Footsteps approached lightly behind her. Her head automatically turned to see who it was.

Hunter Vanguard, Cayde-6. She had never engaged with him before as her nerves slowly rose. His gentle glowing eyes looked her up and down, noticing her nervous form, "Uhh, Y/n..is it?" She nodded firmly and looked up at him, his ragged cape flowing in the slight breeze that passed them. He exclaimed a nervous firm clearly, stumbling on his next chosen words.

He suddenly let out a sigh of defeat and looked her straight in the eye, "Zavala sent me to look for you." She looked straight ahead, down the stairs of where the Hall of Guardians were.

Y/n nodded and closed her eyes, "Okay, let's go." She knew what was to come next, as a dreadful feeling sat deep within the pit of her stomach. Although, she hoped that it wasn't going to be such bad news.

Cayde lead her down the several steps, Y/n eyeing Lord Shaxx on the way down. He had his hands full, a small crowd of new guardians taking up his time. Y/n smiled as her mind pondered to what Shaxx would be like as a father. It made her stomach flutter as she let out a cute giggle. Cayde glanced down at Y/n as they strolled through the open hall, following her gaze over to Lord Shaxx. He frowned lightly, rolling his eyes and looking forwards again. Cayde purposely brushed his hand against hers gently, catching her attention as he played it off like nothing happened. Y/n looked up at him, her lips slightly parted as she looked forward again, Zavala coming into view as she bounced down the few steps. Ikora turned her head to Y/n and smiled warmly, "Good evening, Y/n." Y/n smiled brightly, Ikora was a close friend to her, they were like sisters that would go out for a coffee from time to time and they would, "Hey Ikora."

Y/n walked slowly with Cayde, approaching Zavala. He casted his gaze upon the two of them and smiled lightly at Y/n, "Glad you could make it." Y/n kept her hands clasped in front of her, "Yes, you called?"

The Titan placed his hand onto the table gently, straightening up his posture to become more respectful, "Indeed. It's about your husband, Marcel." Y/n tensed up, her blood running cold and her breaths hitching in her throat slightly, "He's still comatosed, sadly, but the hospital announced to me this morning that you can visit him any time."

Y/n casted her gaze onto the ground dimly, thoughts crowding her mind one by one. She smiled at the former Titan, "Is there any way I could go now?" A moment of silence was casted as he nodded, "Of course. But you can't go alone, someone will have to take you to him." Cayde immediately butted in with enthusiasm, "I'll take her!" Zavala rolled his eyes in his sockets, "Cayde. You know that you cannot leave the Tower." He grunted softly and folded his arms, raising a metal eyebrow, "Come on, just this once?" He stayed silent, looking down his nose at Cayde with the same answer, "No."

Familiar footsteps approached behind Y/n, that same British accent cut through her eardrums, "I'll take her." Y/n turned to be met with Lord Shaxx. She smiled warmly up at the man. Zavala nodded firmly, "I'm fine with that." Cayde frowned and threw up his hands, "Zavala! That's not fair!" Y/n giggled and reached up, patting the Vanguard's shoulder, "Maybe next time?" He looked down into her eyes and graced a small smile, "O-okay.." He lowered his arms as she strutted past him, joining Shaxx down the hall meekly.