Seven

Author's POV:

Days passed and Shaxx had not returned to the Tower. He would report back through his ghost to Cayde, explaining how he found no sign of Y/n's children. Y/n would wait and wait silently, cooped up in her room. Cayde would visit every now and then with food, even trying to convince her to come take a walk around the Tower and clear her mind. She wouldn't budge, just hum to every question he asked or what ever sentence he spoke.

Even after that incident the other night between her and Cayde, her mind easily dwelled away from that. You see? Nothing could snap her out of the depressing aura that surrounded her.

Cayde even tried to get Y/n to visit Marcel, hoping that would make her feel a little more lighter within her mood, seeing his slightly blue face and gorgeous black hair. But nothing. She would shake her head and turn herself away from him. It made Cayde think that he had either done something wrong or that Y/n would never snap out of it. Everyone knew about her now, they started talking, gossiping as if they were all back in high school again. But she figured herself that it was time to come out and let everyone know she was completely stable. No tears were shed throughout the few days she shut herself out, she couldn't even cry.

A soft exhale left her chapped lips. She opened the door slowly, her gaze resting on the Speaker. He was too fixated in his work to notice her come out of the room. Y/n frowned lightly, she turned and slowly made her way down the stairs, her arms behind her back and her head tilted forwards sadly.

Guardians passed her, some in groups and some alone. They each eyed her, their conversations suddenly beginning to lower into whispers, clearly they were discussing how Y/n had not been seen for days up until now. She walked up the stairs, keeping her head forwards as she aimed to make her way down to Cayde. Everyone stared at her, the dark shaded bags that tugged beneath her eyelids stood out the most along with her bloodshot eyes. She continued to walk slowly over to Cayde. Her eyes wondered off to where Shaxx usually was. Empty still. But the British man did not lose hope in finding her beloved children.

Y/n approached the Hunter Vanguard slowly, her arms still firmly resting behind her back.

Cayde mumbled to himself, shaking his head as he studied his map closely, clearly filled with annoyance. Y/n stopped at Ikora's end. She looked up at Y/n and smiled, "Oh hello there Y/n." Cayde immediately looked up as he heard her name being spoken. His blue eyes lit up completely in happiness, "Y/n! You're finally out of the room!" Zavala glanced up to her and smiled gently.

Y/n smiled weakly and trudged next to Cayde, "Y/n..how are you feeling?" He tilted his head to the side slowly, looking into her e/c eyes in concern. Y/n looked down and leaned against the table with her back, folding her arms, "Still not good. I'd be lying if I said I was feeling even just a tiny bit better." The exo curved his metal eyebrows in a concerned manor.

"Shaxx will be back in a day or two, all we can do is just hope that he'll come back with your children. Don't give up on hope, Y/n." He nodded slowly, his blue eyes piercing through her e/c orbs. Y/n swallowed hard and rubbed her forehead, pushing herself off of the table and stepping forwards, leaning her head back in slight annoyance. She sighed lightly, "I hope they're okay." Cayde looked down and leaned his hands back again the table. He shut his eyes and waited for a few moments until he finally spoke up, "Why don't you..go for a walk? I'm a little busy here, can't come with ya. Around dinner time I'll bring some Ramen up to your room for you." Y/n turned away and flaunted visible annoyance, "Right." She began walking away, her arms by her sides as she swayed them back and fourth. Y/n walked towards Shaxx's place where he usually stood. It would be filled with Guardians, all of them bombarding the man with questions about literally everything. But it was lonely now that he wasn't here for the next few days.

Y/n honestly felt as if she was annoying everyone here. She was always breaking down, depressed about the fact that she was basically losing everything. But she couldn't help it.

She ran her hand over his desk and stopped, slowly resting her hand onto the skeleton of a deceased animal. Y/n smiled and stared down at it, letting out a short sigh of comfort before dropping down into the seat that she would always stay in. She sat back and leaned her head backwards against the wall, gently resting on it before closing her eyes meekly. Short images of her happy children flashed back and fourth through her mind, those old memories plastered a soft smile on her face but it still made her heart ache oh so much.

Y/n leaned forwards and put her head into her hands, shutting her eyes tightly to prevent the tears from falling. She wanted to show everyone that she was actually a strong woman, and she was, but losing her husband and her children at the same time is enough to break her into a million pieces. She gritted her teeth and looked up slowly, nobody was about just yet. Y/n hiccuped softly and placed a hand onto her chest, grunting lightly.

Moments later, Amanda's voice came through on the intercom, "Uh..can we have a...Y/n L/n make her way down to the Hangar please? It is very urgent." Y/n looked up to the ceiling in complete shock. She got up and immediately began sprinting towards the Hangar, not stopping for anything what so ever.