Two

Author's POV:

The soft beep of a life support machine filled their ears sweetly. Y/n sat next to the messy hospital bed that held her husband. IV tubes slithered their way into his veins and a tight gas mask was sucked onto his face. They were the only things keeping him tied to this world.

Y/n ran her thumb over the IV tubes in the back of his broad hand. She smiled sadly and gazed at his restless face. Shaxx sat by the door, his legs crossed and his arms folded firmly. He stared at Y/n through his helmet, sadness crowding his heart. Shaxx could tell that Y/n longed for her husband to wake up soon, there seemed to be no hope but she hung on and waited.

He tilted his head to the side and shut his eyes peacefully, resting his head against the wall and letting out a groan.

Y/n gazed up at Shaxx, letting go of Marcel's hand and smiling gently at his actions, "You seem tired." Y/n rested both arms onto the back of the comfy chair, laying her head onto the back of her hands.

Shaxx kept his eyes closed, giving a soft hum as his reply. Y/n kept her eyes hovering over his form, smiling sweetly, "Shaxx..?" He hummed again, awaiting her reply patiently. She sat up straight and leaned her back against the wall, "How did you lose your horn?"

Silence filled the room as Shaxx lifted his head, making eye contact with the sweet woman. A chuckle left his lips, "Heh, I couldn't tell you, you wouldn't be able to handle it." Y/n gave a small pout and smirked, "Shaxx, if I can handle giving birth to two little troublemakers and raising them mostly myself, I can handle your story." They both shared the slightest laugh together.

Shaxx moved his right leg, resting his ankle onto his thigh whilst keeping his arms folded, "Marcel was an outstanding Guardian. He ran through the Crucible as if it were a game, he was sly and extremely skilled. He never failed to impress me." Y/n gazed down at Marcel, her chest burning up slightly.

"He used to bring home stories to the kids about how he brought down the Fallen and the Vex. He figured that the Cabal were too scary for them both to handle, but they both pushed him to tell them both stories. Eventually, he gave in and told them everything that he faced when it came to the Cabal."

Shaxx grinned, "The Cabal are lethal. Marcel was one of the many guardians that would actually go up to face them. He took deathly risks and lived his Titan life as if he had nothing to lose. Such a sweet individual too, he almost never shut up about you and the kids. He would proudly show you off to everyone when he got the chance to."

This warmed Y/n's heart deeply, her eyes closing. Thinking back on all of these wonderful times with Marcel made her even forget that he was comatosed. Shaxx leaned his head back again and shut his eyes, "Shaxx.."

He hummed gently, awaiting a reply, "Um..what if Marcel doesn't wake up?" Shaxx opened his eyes by the slightest, scanning over at Y/n, hope swimming around in her e/c eyes.

"Keep your positive thoughts, Y/n. Don't ever think negatively, things will turn out okay in the end if you keep a smile on your face."

It wasn't the answer that she was looking for, right now, she hoped that some nurse would open the door and announce when he would wake up. She lowered her gaze onto the floor and nudged her chair towards the bed slightly more, resting her head and hands down onto Marcel's chest gently. She shut her eyelids, sighing softly and relaxing her every being.

Shaxx examined her and felt his heart strings tug. Her actions made him feel such sorrow, he sunk down in the chair and closed his eyes again, "I'll be resting my eyes for a little while." Y/n acknowledged his words but said nothing, snuggling more into her husbands' chest.

It began to grow dark out as time passed, Y/n lay there still were her eyes closed, the only source of sound from keeping the room deadly silent was the life support machine, beeping every second. Every now and then Y/n would open her eyes to check if Shaxx had awoken from his slumber, but he lay there motionless, his chest moving up and down slowly with each breath.

Y/n got up from Marcel's chest and stretched, rubbing her eyes and yawning. It was quite dark outside and visiting times within the hospital had passed a few hours ago, she figured that now would be a good time to leave until another time.

She got up, dazed, and made her way round to Shaxx slowly, placing her hand onto his shoulder, caressing the fur that trailed its way on both shoulders. She shook him gently, calling his name sweetly as not to startle him from his sleep so much. He groaned lightly and opened his eyes from beneath his helmet, his vision adjusting to the dimly lit room. His gaze rested on Y/n that stood slightly bent over in front of him, smiling warmly, "Shaxx..it's time to go.." Y/n spoke softly, almost in a faint whisper.

Shaxx stretched and Y/n stood back, giving him room. He rose from the chair, towering over Y/n. She stared back at Marcel, the sadness finally beginning to hit her, but she hid it well from everyone.

Shaxx cracked his neck and opened the door for Y/n, "Let's get back to the tower before Zavala starts worrying about us." Y/n nodded and thanked him, trudging through the door with her head hung down, her eyes thinned and her lips parted by the slightest. Shaxx followed behind her, turning around to close the door. He lay one last glance towards Marcel, his peacefully sleeping form spread out on the hospital bed. Shaxx knew that there was a small chance of him making it out alive. He shook his head slightly and shut the door gently.