Paalak Paneer

Paalak or spinach comes under the category of healthiest plant based foods. Paalak, being rich in vitamins, iron, calcium and other nutrition helps in keeping eyes and bones healthy.

 No wonder why the famous cartoon character, Popeye, was full of energy, the moment he ate spinach, and was able to thrash his biggest enemy Bluto. 

Coming to the dish, when paalak is cooked along with paneer, which is highly rich in protein, makes the dish even more tastier and healthier

So here comes the recipe... 

Ingredients needed: (For two servings)

Paalak - 500 gms.

Paneer - 150 gms.

One medium onion (ground).

Coriander powder - half tablespoon.

Turmeric powder - half tablespoon.

Red chili powder - a pinch.

Garlic - one clove (finely chopped).

Salt.

Oil  - One tablespoon.

Sugar - half tablespoon.

Let's start with boiling the paalak leaves...

Step 1: Clean the paalak thoroughly and put it in a vessel with water and sugar to boil.

* Adding sugar in water for boiling the paalak will retain the green color of the leaves.

Step 2: Let the Paalak boil for 5-7 minutes.

Step 3: Grind the paalak into fine paste and keep it aside.

Step 4: Now put a frying pan on the stove and add oil to it.

Step 5: Add the chopped garlic into it and wait for few seconds till the garlic turns brownish.

Step 6: At this point, add the ground onion and stir for a while.

Step 7: Now add all the spices one by one... i.e. turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder and salt and stir for 5-7 minutes.

Step 8: Add the paalak paste and cook for a while.

Step 9: Add paneer cubes and cover cook for 3-5 minutes.

And done!

Your dish is ready to eat. 

You can serve paalak paneer with Roti, Naan or Parotha... 

Do try this recipe and let me know the feedback..