10: Something new

My eyes wandered around as i zoned out, the talking because a background noise and i thought about how we could have the uper hand on the vampires. My pack and the McCall pack talked and bickered about the blood suckers until i finally stated "Edward." Jacob growled at the name, the jealousy hidden behind hate waving off him, all because of one damned girl. My temper recently wasn't the best, i snapped at his growl "Oh get over yourself jacob!"

My voice was more commanding, more like an alpha's. I sighed and said "What other choice do we have? They killed Sam and we all know that Sam is very, very hard to defeat." But when i learned about Sams death, it oddly didn't effect my wolf after the first day of hearing the news.

"Stiles. Stop holding it back, just shift, it feels a whole lot better especially for what has happened."

"Im not shifting."

And that was the bitter truth. I refused to shift in front of the pack at the wrong time because i knew they would do something they would regret. They dont know how i would viciously kill somebody if it came down to it. My eyes wandered back to jacobs and the older shape-shifter said "We need to talk." 

I stepped into my room and Jacob came in before he slammed the door closed. My head lowered and i stayed quiet as jacob nearly shook with anger, my feet shuffled and the older boy stared me down, sizing me up as he towered over my slumped figure.

Thats when i felt this tug... like it wasn't right that Jacob was a somewhat alpha to him. My head lifted and i stood at my full height, at that moment i had won this ranking battle and Jacob lowered his head, avoiding eye contact. My arm lifted and i put a hand on Jacobs shoulder before muttering "It was worth a shot. Sam tried his best to give me more time before i felt ready to be alpha but now... now i need to lead my pack. I already know you will be my second in command." Jacob smirked before looking into my eye and saying "You? Mischief? Didn't know you were capable of being so Alpha-e." I punched Jacob and we laughed together. Like how we used to.

We went downstairs and i dialed Edwards number, the phone ran until his voice came across

"Hello?"

"Its stiles. We need you guys to come down to beacon hills because.... were having some difficulties with some vampires down here. i wont believe Sams dead so i think they have him but have done something.... weird to him."

Edward said alright before hanging up while derek growled "Some more pack members?" I shook my head and said bitterly "Some damned vampires. I swear, their like crystal Jacob!"

"OH MY GOD, WE HAVE HAD THIS CONVERSATION A MILLION TIMES."

"But Jacob, think about it-"

"I HAVE."

"But you never agree! They break just like glass and in sunlight they look like crystal! What if their hollow inside? Their red eyes are super weird though. OOOOOHHHHH, i wonder how little Nessie is doing, im so excied-"

"Stiles."

"I know you imprinted on her and all but no need to be such a-"

"STILES."

I glared at Jacob and saw a protective stare gaze right back into my eyes. My body relaxed and i grumbled "Your so damn protective. Shes too young for you anyway." Jacob started getting angry and i sneered "Dont be the newest to have anger issues Jacob. We already have a tough time with two." I finally grinned but realized the pack just blankly stared, a thought bounced into my head and i exclaimed "Lets get to know eachother! Just ask me questions and i will answer."

We sat around the living room and Liam asked "Why do you like to piss people off?"

"Personal satisfaction."

Lydia blinked and asked "Whats imprint?" Allison perked up at that question, she had taken a shower so it took away some of the sexual scents that lingered. I thought about the question before answering

"Some werewolves experience a bonding incident called imprinting, in which they become unconditionally tied to a human of the opposite sex. There are several theories on why imprinting occurs: Some believe that imprinting ensures the passing on of the werewolf gene others believe that imprinting happens to produce larger, stronger wolves in the next generation. We do not know the answer for certain. Imprinting occurs only after a werewolf's first phasing. It can happen with anyone, regardless of previous personal feelings. Imprinting happens the first time a werewolf sees the human object of his imprinting; if the werewolf does not react to a human the first time he sees her after he phases, he will never imprint on that human. If the werewolf does imprint, he is forever changed. From the second he sees the object of his imprinting, he will do anything to please and protect her. All other commitments in his life become secondary, even his commitement to the pack.

The relationship between the imprinting werewolf and the human imprinted upon is one total acceptance and support on the werewolf's part. No matter the age or living condition of the human, the werewolf automatically becomes whatever the human wants him to be, at the loss of his personal free will. If the human is young, the werewolf becomes the perfect platonic playmate and protector. As the human ages and changes, the werewolf instinctively switches roles to fulfill the human's needs.It is against pack law for any werewolf to kill the object of another werwolf's imprinting. Such an act would be devastating not only to the wolf who suffered the loss, but to the entire pack. Given the telepathic ability, of the pack, each pack member would suffer the pain of the wolf whose mate has been killed. Even if the death of a wolf'S mate was an accident, the two wolves involved would fight to the death. That is most of what we know."

The pack sat in awe at how deeply respected Imprinting is, Scott had noticed Allison sat right beside me and he asked "Are you more wolf than human?"

I looked at Jacob before saying "That depends. Im more wolf due to genes and many other reasons im not comfortable sharing. Jacob is the slightest bit more human. His mind is too cluttered for my liking and he can be a real asshole."

Jacob muttered sarcastically "They definitely asked you for all my information, im fine with it! Go ahead and be the real good friend."

I smiled and let myself enjoy everything until Scott said "We should go check out whats in the forest. See if we can find anything."

And so we left. But we never noticed those blood red eyes and pale skin that crept along with us.