Chapter 1: Preparations

" Food!" With a twinkle in your eyes, you rushed into the restaurant with Sting, Rogue and their exceeds following behind you as they stepped inside 8-Island for breakfast. You all sat down in a table near the window, taking sight of people passing down the busy roads of Magnolia. Sting and Rogue sat next to each other with you sitting across them before everyone began looking at the menus. The waitress took note of what you were all in the mood for and after bringing the designated drinks for your group, you all began talking about the Grand Magic Games.

"Master Jiemma is announcing who's gonna be competing in the games later today." Rogue took a sip of his water, bringing in the topic onto the table.

" Well we're obviously gonna be competing, we're the three most strongest members in the guild." Sting commented pridefully as he smirked. Lector mirrored Sting with the same smirk spreading on his face,"That's dragon slayer magic for you. It's the strongest magic of them all."

Frosch smiled up at Rogue, sitting next to him, " Yeah, I know Rogue will beat anyone that he's up against."

The exceed's comment made Rogue gently smile back. It was a sweet moment, you saw it more of a perfect teasing opportunity, "Aww look at Rogue smiling, You know you'd probably be more popular than Sting if you smiled at our fans more often."

" I could care less." He replied, casually taking another drink of his water with Sting's low chuckle in the background.

After the waitress finally brought your food, you all started eating. Taking a sip of your (f/d), your eyes followed a person outside the window with a fairytail emblem on their arm, " Hey so I heard Fairy Tail is finally going to be competing again."

" Really?" Both Sting and Rogue look at each other surprised. Not a second later, Sting burst out laughing," Seriously?! Hah, they're the weakest guild in all of Fiore. We completely dominated them last time they joined."

" True but I did hear people talking about Gajeel returning ." Rogue mentioned, grabbing your attention, " Black Steel Gajeel? The iron dragon slayer? Didn't he and the majority of fairytail go missing seven years ago?"

" Yeah, him. No one knows what happened to them though." Rogue answered flatly.

" Oh so Natsu decided to come back after seven years." Sting snickered, You were a huge fan of Fairytail when you were younger, but you never bothered to learn the actual name behind the main force. Instead, you always knew the members you were interested in by their nicknames, like the She-devil or Maiden of the sky or the one who caught your eye the most, Salamander.

To say the least, you had no clue who Natsu was, " Who's Natsu?"

" Natsu Dragneel? The fire dragon slayer? Didn't you like him when you were younger?"

" Ohhh you mean salamander? That's actual his name?" The new found information of the fire dragon slayer made your lips curl up into a smirk.

" Salamander, pretty lame nickname if you ask me." Sting scoffed, being the first to stand from the table.

" Fairy Tail has the sky dragon slayer, so that makes three dragon slayers in total for Fairy Tail. Right?" You asked as you, Rogue, the exceeds, soon followed.

" Actually, it's 4. They have a Lightning dragon Slayer called Laxus, but he's been banned though so I don't think we have to worry about him." Sting pointed out.