More than just Friends

Alexis's POV
Connor had to wake me up the next day for work again. I seriously need to get an alarm clock. I hate being tickled during my sleep. I got ready and we headed out to work. Doughnut in my mouth I was ready to start the day.

Time skip to work

Of course when we got there Reed was leaning against the wall. I smiled because he had a black eye from yesterday's punch. I thought I heard Connor giggle too. We checked in and went over to see our second mission. It said an Android committed murder at the Silver Sands Motel. "Ready to go check it out Alexis?" He said standing in front of my desk. "Yeah, I'm ready Connor. Let's do this!" I say in a determined voice.

Time skip to crime scene

We both got out of the car and headed for the manager's office. "So what did the Android that rented a room look like?" I say as I make my way over. "Well she had black hair, brown eyes, and she was wearing her a red jacket. "Thank you and which room is the crime scene?" I say thinking about this woman. "Room 8." He says pointing to it. Me and Connor leave the room and head straight for room 8. As I opened the door I could see scratchings on the wall. I pull it open completely and we both enter. I hear Connor close the door. "Do your thing Connor." I say as he knelt down and analyzed the body then I see him taste the blood. "Why did you taste the blood?" I ask tilting my head right. "I can determine the samples of the blood this way. I hope I'm not bothering you by it." He says getting up. "I'm not bothered at all Connor." I say walking into the bathroom and looking everywhere for clues. I then decide to check the walls and Connor did the same. "What kind of Android would make claw marks in the wall?" I ask touching the piece of ripped wallpaper. I then hear the creaking of floorboards come from inside the bathroom. "I'll be right back Connor." I whispered and he followed right behind to make sure I was safe. I checked in there again. Nothing, so I pulled the shower curtains back and found another rip of wallpaper, but this time it had a hole big enough for me. So I slipped in with my gun by my side. "Alexis! Alexis get back here!" Connor whispered. "I'll be right back, I promise." I whispered to calm him down. I head inside about 5 steps in. I then hear shuffling coming towards me. I pull out my gun and point it. "PLEASE! DON'T SHOOT ME! I DIDN'T WANT TO KILL HIM!" A female Android said in a shaky voice. "Then why did you do it then?" I ask still pointing my gun at her. "He was one of that man's friends that tried to shoot my daughter the other day at the flower shop." She says calming down. "If you come with us I promise you'll be alright." "But deactivation-" "That won't happen to you I'll get them to put you in prison and not deactivate you, is that better?" "Yes." "Okay then you want to exit first?" She nods yes and goes out first. "Your under arrest for murder." I hear Connor say as I leave. I then take hold of her and take her to the car. "Here she is." I say as I put her in the car. "That was pretty fast and I heard no gunshots this time." An officer behind us said. "She was friendly and scared, so I didn't have to shoot." "That's pretty amazing." He said as he got in the car. "One more thing, can you just lock her up and not deactivate her she didn't mean to kill him but only meant to teach him a lesson." "I'll see what I can do about it Alexis." He said as he started the engine and drove back to work to question her. "Ready to go Alexis?" I hear Connor say from behind me. "Always ready." I say as we both got in and I started the engine. "You know your cute when you work right?" I hear Connor say. "Yeah well your cute when your confused." I say making him blush like a strawberry. I laugh and we go back to work.

Time skip to work (again)

We both head in and sit down writing reports on what happened. Connor finished before me and said "Hey Alexis, I'm confused." "What is it Connor?" I say finishing my report and emailing it. "Well when a person is in love what do they do?" "Well some take the person they love on dates, others bring them flowers, and some spend time with them." "Oh okay, thanks Alexis." "Why do you say?" "No reason in particular." He says grinning at me. "Right cutie." I pack up and leave with Connor. "Reed must've been silent for the whole day to everyone." I say giggling. "Yeah he was." Connor said also giggling.