chapter one | everything happens for a reason.

CHAPTER ONE; EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON - "Running in the shadows, Damn your love,Damn your lies" -The Chain Fleetwood Mac-At one point in time, there was a thirteenth zodiac sign

-
"Running in the shadows,
Damn your love,
Damn your lies"
-
The Chain Fleetwood Mac
-
At one point in time, there was a thirteenth zodiac sign. Those born from late November to early December had the honour of falling under its reign. Under the power of the since abandoned sign; they were impulsive, clever, flamboyant, ambitious. Ophiuchans had (have) a natural affinity with snakes. They were bound to them on all aspects. Physically, mentally, spiritually. However, Master Ophiuchus, the original guardian, betrayed the other signs in his own selfish quest for immortality. Subsequently, he suffered. He was exiled while his world fell into darkness and decay, bringing all he could down with him.

However tacky it was, she was glad to have been named after her star sign. Today's Zodiac would disagree, she would fall under the house of Sagittarius. Ophiuchus knew where she truely lied. She lay in the thirteenth house. Was it a coincidence she was born into one the UK's Scared Twenty-Eight. A coincidence she was sorted into the house of Salazar Slytherin (much like everyone in her family, except for him.) who some would say was truely the master of the snakes. Simply, a coincidence she was a parslemouth. No. It was fate, destiny, if you will. She knew was destined for greatness and she would do anything to grasp onto it.

Everything happens for a reason.

Ophiuchus wasn't a quitter, she was determined and she stuck to her gut like a life line. If she wanted something, she bloody well got it. She was smart, resourceful. A true Slytherin. It didn't matter who she used to get her way nor did she care. Some would say she was selfish; she would say that there's nothing wrong with being selfish. It's a cruel world and there's no time to waste being a pushover, she would say.

Her head would be held high as she walked down the hallways. She owned this damn castle and no one could question it. If they did, there'd be hell to pay. She sure didn't mind dishing it out.

Dubbed 'The Darling of Slytherin', her house loved her. If a fellow family member needed help, she would be the first at their side. No matter what year they were or if she even knew their name. Although she was loyal to her house, there were only three people she would never betray. Her best friends and her brother, the one she didn't despise that is. Fernley, Alverdine and Regulus were the only people she trusted and they trusted her. They knew she wasn't afraid to break someone's trust but Ophiuchus would tell whoever that it was their fault for getting too close. The three were willing to take the risk.

Ophiuchus was not tall, was not muscular, was hardly even fit in any way. She just had this look. This look in her eye that said: try me and I'll rip your face off. The whole school knew she really would, all it took was for her to narrow her eyes and a path would clear. No one dared cross her. Except them.