Chapter 7 - The News

A/N this chapter contains swearing!!! (Sorry if you don't like that!)

JESSE POV

"Please give us some news" I said desperately after the doctor came up to us. I really hope that they're both alright. After a long pause and a sigh from the doctor, he finally started to speak. "I'm afraid I've got some bad news..." He said looking at the ground.

I felt shocked. I felt sad. My heart skipped a beat. I opened my mouth but I was scared to say anything. They're both still very alive! Right? Nothing's wrong with them! Right? They'll just be themselves! Right? My mind was going like crazy, it kept on doubting every good thing that I thought that could be true, what I hoped would be true of course. But, the doctor said bad news after all..

"So... What's the bad news..?" Hoppo asked carefully when breaking the cold silence.

"They were both in a very bad shape. They hit their heads pretty hard against the rocks and might keep some damage from it. They also got lots of scratches and a little bit of bruises. But, for now Andrew Reid is in a stable condition. So that means that his life is not hanging by a thread anymore." He paused for a second to clear his throat.

"Now for Trent Maxwell," he paused again and looked at every single one of us. I could see that he had empathy in his eyes. It must be hard for him to tell lots of bad news every day. "he's in a less good condition. I mean, he isn't going to die soon or something like that. Some may call it even worse though, but for now he's in a coma. We don't know if he's ever going to wake up. I'm sorry"

That hit me hard. Very. Fucking. Hard. I felt tears coming up in my eyes. Maxi... I thought, please don't stay in a coma goddamn it. Please... Just don't. I bowed my head to the ground and tried to hold back my tears. The others must be very shocked themselves, there's no way that they aren't. A coma huh? my best friend is in a coma? Of course why not... Goddamn it. I felt quite angry at myself. Why didn't I do more to help both him and Reidy at the same time. Why wasn't I there faster? Why?

"I need some fresh air." I let the others know. I stood up and looked at them, sitting there with sadness in their eyes. Looking quite lost actually. Its logical though, I mean it's not like I ain't. It's so sad, and it's not that we ain't happy about Reidy being fine and all, but the news about Maxi... It just got me right in the face and heart of course. I walked out of the hospital and took a deep breath. "Everything will be alright.." I whispered to myself.

WHIPPET POV

I watched Jesse walk away and sighed. It must be hard for him. For all of us of course but Jesse... He was even greater friends with Maxi, from what I saw though. None of us saw it coming though. A coma though..

"Can we go visit them?" I asked the doctor, who was still standing with us. "Yes. Of course you can. They have different rooms, but they are close to each other though." I nodded and waited for him to answer which rooms they were both lying in. "Trent Maxwell's room is 239, and Andrew Reid's room is 242." The doctor added and we all nodded in synchronisation.

"Thanks mate." Hoppo replied, and with that we all stood up from our seats to move ourselves to the elevator. We all got in and waited for the doors to open again. When we arrived on the second floor we split up in 2 groups. Hoppo and I went to go to Maxi, while Kerrbox and Deano went to Jesse.

When I and Hoppo first arrived at room 239 I firstly had the intention to knock, but yeah.. since Maxi is in a coma I don't think he'll respond. I sighed and opened the door. I went in first and Hoppo followed right after I got into the room. "He looks kind of peaceful though." I said to break the silence, "yeah, he sure does." Hoppo replied "I hope he's going to wake up though."

"Yeah we all do. I'm sure about that." I replied again. I observed Maxi a bit more and saw that he indeed had a lot of bruises and scratches, a broken arm. He didn't look really good physically, but if you looked at his face you could see a bit of peacefulness though.

I sighed for the 5000th time today and sat down in a chair next to his bed. It was almost 8.00pm. visitors almost had to leave.

KERRBOX POV

When we entered Reidy's room we could see him sitting straight up in his bed. "How is it alright to do that?" I asked him concerned. "Oh hi." He responded quietly. "Hey," I responded back " is it or is it not?" I asked him again because he didn't give me an answer on the question before. "Yeah sure." He said again as he tried to hide the pain a bit.

"We're all glad you're alive!" Deano said with a soft smile. "Yeah thanks." Reidy closed his eyes and swallowed slowly. "And thanks for saving me out there." He added. Reidy really looked very tired and in pain. Maybe it's best if we leave for now I thought. But then again we're just here and maybe Reidy still wants some company.

"Is it okay for you that we are here?" I then asked because I just wanted to make sure what Reidy exactly wanted. "Yeah, sure you can stay as long as you want." He replied, still with closed eyes. "Are you sure about that? I mean you really look quite exhausted." Deano said as he brought himself into our 'conversation'. "Well I am exhausted, so that might be why I look like that."

"I'm sorry what happened to you and Maxi mate." I said as I walked a bit closer to him. And then, that was the moment when Reidy opened his eyes again, "How's Maxi?" He asked looking scared and concerned, "please tell me he's alright!" So he didn't know yet, I thought. "Uh he's doing okay, but.." I started. "But..?" Reidy asked. "Come on just tell me already!"

"Maxi is in a coma. Yes, he's in a coma. This ain't a joke Reidy." Reidy's eyes widened. "But... He's going to wake up right?" Ready asked hopeful.

"Well now, that's the thing...

We don't know if he's ever going to wake up."

A/n an extra early update because exams are coming up, and you wamted to know the next part really bad (I think lol) Anyways, I hope you like it! :) And thanks for over 600 reads btw! (In total though but who cares right? Lol) also thanks for the voter's and comments! <3