Chapter 15 - Finally

MAXI POV

For the first time, in what feels like ages, I'm able to open my eyes. When I do so, I'm blinded by the light. The strong white light that shines above me makes me close my eyes for a couple seconds longer. I blink a couple of times before I'm able to open my eyes completely. I look up at the ceiling for a moment and try to think about what exactly had happened. I don't have long to think because I hear a footsteps moving away from me. When I eventually look to the right, I see a figure walking away. I don't have to think long to know who it can be.

"Jesse...?" I say, which actually sounded more like a weak whisper but no time to worry about that now. I see the person stop in his tracks, but not for long. He turns around fast, smiling widely and now I know for sure it's him.

"Maxi, thank God! You're finally awake!" He says while he quickly walks back to me. He wraps his arms around me and holds me in a warm hug. I slowly try to lift my arms up to do the same, but it's too difficult so I let them be by my side. I can feel his tears falling on my shoulders, so I let out a "Don't cry, Jesse."

"How can I not cry when one of my dearest friends has just woken up from a coma he was in?" he says back with a quiet voice. "These are happy tears Maxi, I'm really glad you woke up. Like, really, really, really glad."
He wraps his arms even harder around me, but I find that to hurt and I let oiut a small grunt of pain.

He lets me go immediately after hearing that and apologises, but I tell him not to worry since I understand that he's very happy to see that I'm finally awake.

We just look at each other for a while, Jesse smiling like crazy and me who's also smiling, but less than him since I'm still a bit groggy and confused about what exactly had happened. I want to ask Jesse, but I think it's best if I do that later. I don't want to ruin the mood after all.

"Maybe you should go and get a doctor, I think it's best if they know that I'm awake." I say after the comfortable silence we just shared. "You're probably right, " he pauses for a second, "but I'm only just able to talk to you again, so I don't really want to leave you already."
"I understand that, but it's not like I'll run away or magically ga back to being in a coma, right?"
"Yeah, you're right mate, I won't be gone for long, so uh don't worry too much okay?"

He looks at me with a worried look, I smile a little and sigh. "It's alright, just go get a doctor, I swear that I'll be fine." he nods and turns around very slowly. When he arrives at the door he turns around again and says: "See you in a minute or two." I nod in response, and so he leaves me alone in my room.

I close my eyes again and decide that it's probably the best if I don't force my body to do a lot of things, since I just woke up and all. I don't even know what's wrong with me. So I'll wait for my very good and amazing friend, Jesse, and the doctor that he'll bring along.

JESSE POV

He's awake. Thank. God. He's. Awake. When I closed the door of his room, I almost started jumping around because of all the happiness I felt, and still feel, for Maxi waking up.

I really thought that he wouldn't wake up anymore, that he would just be gone forever. But oh my god he hasn't left us yet after all! I seriously can't believe it, I mean it even has gone faster than I thought it would.

Of course, there's still a long way to go since he just woke up and all, but I hope that it isn't a road that's too bumpy ya know. Anyway, I go and look for a doctor, of course, and when I finally told someone they told me that they were going to look at him immediately. I nodded and went back to the waiting room, where I just sat for a moment still not fully realising what actually just happened and that I'm one very lucky person. Shit, I'm very fricking lucky.

I have my very best friend back.

He's awake.

He's seeing.

He's speaking.

He's laughing.

He's awake.

HARRIES POV

He's still sleeping.

He's not seeing.

He's not speaking.

He's not laughing.

He's still sleeping.

Reidy's still not away from the surgery, even though I thought that it wouldn't take that long for him to wake up, but I've been waiting for 1 hour already. I'm probably just a bit impatient as well, but still.

I just want to see him doing okay, and Maxi as wel. They don't deserve this. No one ever deserves something like this, it's really hard to accept that this is supposed to be their 'fate', because it isn't.

I really f*cking hope that Reidy wakes up soon, like in a minute or something and that there won't be too much wrong with him after all. I hope that to doctors tell us that it was a mistake to say that the surgery didn't go that great. I want them to tell us that Reidy will be able to go home tomorrow. I want them to tell us that this was just all a nightmare and that we'll wake up from it soon.

I really want to wake up from this nightmare soon.

Thank you very much for reading!!! <3
I hope you enjoy it!!!