Chapter 10 - Jesse

KERRBOX POV

"Come on Jesse just tell me where you are." I waited for a response, but I didn't get one.

I sighed deeply before looking at my phone screen to see if he really had hung up.

He did.

Come on Jesse don't act so childish... I thought, but well you should pardon me for thinking that. He's going through some tough stuff right now, I mean we all are right. With what happened with Maxi and Reidy.

I walked further onto the street and opened my phone again. I pressed on call and waited again, hoping that he would also pick up this time.

I waited as long as I could but then...
Voice mail. I waited for the beep to come before I started speaking: "Jesse please. If you hear this and I know you will, then just call me back and tell me where you are or just go back to the hospital by yourself. I know it's hard but we're all worried about you, and I don't think Maxi or Reidy would like it if you were just wandering alone on the streets when you're not really caring about what you're doing. So please Jesse, just call me back okay? We really all care about you and we're very worried. See ya." And with an murmured 'I hope' I ended the call.

Maybe I'd better just go back to the hospital, I thought. I don't think I'll find him anyway.

So I then turned back to the hospital to join my friends and colleagues in the waiting room, to get some news about Reidy.

JESSE POV

I heard my phone ringing again, not even wondering about who it was this time. I mean it was probably Kerrbox again or someone else from the boys.

My crying had almost stopped and I tried to stand up again, which was not the best idea I had because I fell back on my butt. "Auch.." I said while rubbing against the painful place on my butt. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, before standing up this time.

I then opened my eyes again and was a little happy that I made it this time. But that feeling didn't last long, because I soon thought (again) about Maxi. My mood dropped immediately and I felt tears coming again.

'I can't stay here on the ground' I thought, 'Maxi wouldn't want that.' and for the first time that night I did something good, walking back to the hospital. "I'm sorry Maxi..." I whispered on my way there still crying lightly.

But it didn't matter to me anymore. Maxi was worth crying for after all.

WHIPPET POV

When we saw Kerrbox walk back our way, I was excited to tell him the good news. "Hey, we've got news about Reidy!" I said quite excited to be honest, " do you know something about Jesse?" I then asked because I noticed that he still looked very worried.

"No I don't. He... He didn't want to tell me where he is, but I hope he'll come here soon though..." He paused for a moment, "anyway, what's the news, I suppose it's good since you all look a bit more happy."

"Yes it is good! Reidy survived it all and he's not keeping any injuries of this incident!" I said with a smile, " I mean for now... But we can not think like that."

Kerrbox smiled.

"No we cannot, you're correct."

And right then we saw a half-broken Jesse walk towards us.

And Kerrbox smiled even harder.

A/n so that was it again guys! This time a bit shorter than the last time but I hope it doesn't really matter 😅 anyway, thank you so much for more than 1k reads omg!!!!!! Love you! <3