Chapter Four

Chapter Four

    When I woke up, I wasn’t surprised to find the side of the bed next to me empty. I sat up and sighed as I ran a hand through my hair, briefly wondering if I dreamt the entire drama last night, but by the change of room I noticed, it had definitely happened.

    As I slowly slid out of bed a sharp, crisp knock sounded from my door. Remembering briefly about what Damian had informed me, I cleared my throat.

    “Come in,” I said quietly, my voice hoarse still from being asleep. The door opened slightly and I saw the familiar face of Rayne’s Beta, Jensen.

    “The Alpha will be ready to leave in fifteen minutes.” He informed me and went to close the door.

    “Wait!” He looked back and raised a brow. “Am I travelling with Delta Lydia again?”

    Jensen’s eyes followed me as I slowly inched my way over to the bags set by the dresser – something Rayne must’ve done when he woke up. “You will be travelling with Alpha Rayne.”

    I looked up surprised. “Oh,” He still stood there expectantly and I cleared my throat awkwardly. “Well, t-thank you.” He nodded once, before leaving and closing the door gently behind him.

    Feeling my anxious heart beat wildly in my chest at the thought of travelling with my Mate, I hurriedly pulled some clothes from my bag-with-wheels and threw them on. As I was lacing up the boots Delta Lydia had so kindly packed for me, another sharp knock sounded on the door, and before I could even tell them to let themselves in, the door opened.

    There stood two large men, one of them I vaguely remembered from the car trip up to this Pack, the other, completely unfamiliar to me.

    The one I recognized has his arms crossed, pronouncing his rather defined biceps even more, though it was more scaring me than impressing me.

    “Are you ready to go, my Luna?” He asked, stepping forward from the archway to the door.

    I swallowed harshly and stepped back, toward the wall. “Where is Rayne?”

    His eyes narrowed at me. “Alpha Rayne is waiting for you at the car.”

    “Who are you?”

    The man blinked at my rather forward question, but answered nonetheless. “Jonah.” He nodded at the man beside him. “And that’s Theo, we’ve been permitted as your guards from here on out.” He told me as he made for another step into the room.

    “Oh,” I whispered. “I didn’t realize I was a threat.”

    Jonah shook his head as he leaned forward and grasped my small bag in his large hand. “It’s not you, it’s everyone else.”

    With a sigh, I made my way out of the door, the two men following behind me. “That’s obviously not what Alpha Perez thought.” I said, more to myself as we headed for the large metal box – A.K.A: the elevator.

     Theo grimaced as he took the spot beside me and pressed the one of the many buttons on the wall. “He’s been a bit angst-y around Rogues ever since his wife was captured and murdered a couple of years back.”

    I blinked over at him in surprise and swallowed a scream of shock as the metal box jostled, beginning it’s descent. “Who was his wife?”

    “Miriam Hathaway.”

I     rolled the name in my head and after a moment, remembered who she was. “Oh.” I responded. “I remember her. She was put in the room beside mine, but after a couple of hours she got removed upstairs to see Master.”