Chapter 1

josie wanted their life to be something to remember, but... it doesn't really look like it's heading in that direction. they do the same thing everyday. Wake up. Eat. Therapy. Eat. Free time. Eat. Sleep.
they've had just about enough of this damn hospital. Lilly abbot mental reserve, the place you're guaranteed to get better! (Really your guaranteed to get worse and be here for life, but.)
josie is here because of their supposed 'gender absence and confusion' which (as the doctors say) can be easily cured with therapy and medication. Cause - to them - it is in no way a normal thing, and must be cured - poor girl! Josie hears from nurses on a daily basis- the devil is in her!
just cause femininity isn't their thing doesn't mean they should be here!! It's constantly pounded into their head, female, female, female!! What your doing is wrong! You can't allow the devil to take you woman!
And Josie was going crazy.

until one night. One night, a Sunday, a woman visited josie through their window.

"Excuse me." The woman asked "what is this place? Never been around here before."
Josie was silent. This is the top floor how....? "Darling? Are you mute, beautiful?" The woman's accent made the pit of  their stomach - and their cheeks - hot. Josie stumble over to the window and stuttered, tripping over their words, this woman was just so pretty, but Josie still wanted to answer, "this is- um- Lilly abbot mental reserve..it's a mental hospital..." the beautiful woman hummed to herself, " um," Josie was unbearably confused, "who are you agai-"

"What's someone as pretty as you doing here?" Josie's cheeks burned up and they looked down at their feet, " something called ''. I'm supposed to be female but..."

"Are you a boy?"

"No."

"And your not a girl?"

"No."

The pretty woman smiled softly "do you want me to tell you what that means?"

Josie scoffed, "I'm pretty sure I get told enough every day. I'm going to hell."

"No, darling. There's nothing wrong with it. It just means your gender neutral. And that just means your not another clone of everyone else. Which is wonderful."

Josie was surprised. Mostly at the fact that their cheeks could actually get even warmer, but also because this beautiful woman is so kind. Josie immediately turned shy, "your too sweet..."

The girl smiled as the wind picked up and whipped her hair around her, " do you want me to get you out of here, mistress?"

Josie jerked their head up, "how would you do that?"

"I have my ways," the girls eyebrow rose, " do you or do you not?"

"I-I do but-"

"Then I'll see you tomorrow gorgeous. You'll be out by Friday." And she was gone.