twelve

a/n: have a listen to the song and a look of the new cover! chapter is written in first persons pov.

"look, i found this cute mall just outside the city.
they have this restaurant that serves huge burgers. we could go there for our seventh monthsary!"

i enthusiastically showed my phone to him, where pictures of the mall was on my screen.

"i mean, i know you can be busy- but, oh look, there's also this dog cafe. how about that?"

i continued to ramble and only once did he glance up from his drink, his attention clearly not on me.

soon, i gave up talking and leaned back on my seat. i scrolled through my phone, eyes on him and a tight smile on my lips.

after a minute, i decided to break the silence again.

"so what will happen to us now? do we break up or just stay like this?"

"i don't want this anymore."

after he said that, i put my phone down. my heart ponding quickly in my chest as if it it hadn't been already.

"just because you're busy, you think we're not gonna work out anymore?" i stuttered out.

he bit his lip, closing his eyes before nodding.

"there's some other reason that you're leaving out, isn't there?"

he sighed, not looking at me as he says, "no, there isn't. that's the only reason i have. i'm sorry, arenee."