thirteen

"what are you doing here?"

"i'll leave you two to talk." vernon's mom walked away and into the kitchen.

"your mom brought me here," i said slowly, making sure to look everywhere but at him. the silence drowned til our feet lead us toward the sofa, sitting across each other.

as we sat there still in silence, my gaze saw two bags just outside where his room was. in shock, i immediately snapped my gaze back to him, realizing he was already looking at me. he didn't look away.

"what's all that? you're leaving?" i asked in which he nodded in response.

"i lied to you. i left some things out on that day," he started.

i knew it. "what are you not telling me?"

"i was street casted and i don't know for how long the training will go for me. it might be successful or not, but either way i just—" he took a deep breath, his head titled downwards, "it felt like if i let you go, you won't have to deal with the pain of being in a long distance relationship. i know it isn't easy and—"

"but that isn't fair; you never asked me. i get to have a say into this too, you know. we're both in the relationship, we decide together."

after i said that, he looked up, "that's when i realized i made a mistake. but then i thought i could be too late to go back to you."

after awhile, i asked him carefully,"so does that mean you still want to try it out with me?"

i hope he still does.