Chapter 12: Let The Games Begin!

What are they doing! they're standing in front of the treeline and walking toward the cornocoupia. i see some supplies left over, its alot actually. oh i get it. they're setting up camp there. they pull the sleeping bags inside and set up a canopy right outside the opening. they put half of the stuff in the very back of the horn, and take the other half under the canopy.

i think they're taking shifts. i see Sage and Daniella sits on some crates, poised with weapons in hand, in front of the horn. i see Ambria and Resin head into the wood, but not too far, and then Denmon and Talia head inside, i'm guessing to sleep. this is a good system. i see Daniella start talking to Sage and Brutus glances back at me. i take a deep breath and listen closley.

"look. i dont hate you. i just hate your girlfriend." she says flatly. i throw my hands up defensivley. Brutus turns around and laughs at me. "you know. i just don't like her. you deserve better than her. frankly shes just a bitch." i glare at the screen and then at Brutus.

"i just think you should forget about her. you know move on." she says. i want to slap that girl. "i'm not saying i nlike you, i think you fake, and stupid. i'm just saying you must be pretty stupid to like someone that shallow." she finishes, turning her back to him. please! kill her now! shes giving you the perfect oppurtunity right now! just stab the living hell out of that witch.

"stab her!" i shout. Brutus just laughs at me again. i get up and kick him in the side. he winces and stops laughing. i dont know why he would just sit there and not beat the crap out of her. come on she called me a bitch! i'm a little offended that he let it slide like that. after a while Resin and Ambria show back up. Denmon and Talia come crawling out.

"okay i need to split up from her." Sage says pointing at Daniella. her jaw drops and she crosses her arms. i laugh. Resin rolls his eyes and sighs dramatically.

"fine. Ambria go with Boyfriend Dude and Daniella stay here with me." he says rudely. i scoff and cross my arms. Resin and Daniella go inside to rest, while Ambria and Sage go off into the woods, and Denmon and Talia take positions for watch. i watch Ambria lead Sage through the forest, and they start gethering roots and berries. And every now and then they shoot down an animal or two. 

Ambria is average height for a teenage girl, not too muscular, kind of pretty. i don't think she was a trained career, i think she just got unlucky. shes really good with a knife though. light on her feet, she never scares away the game. she walks right up to the animal and within  asplit second she stabs it dead. unlike Sage who has accuracy and aim on his side."so why do you hate Daniella so much? shes your District partner." she asks him.

"i wouldn't go as far as saying partner. but all she ever does is rag on my girlfriend. and she just tries to annoy me on purpose, messing up my shots in training, sneaking up on me. and she just thinks shes way better at everthing then she actually is." he says, annoyed.

" oh yeah. your mentor girl. you guys done it yet?" she asks trying to bother him. he steps back. don't say it dont say it dont say it!

"personal much?" he says. i sigh in relief. Ambria laughs. he throws a spear at a bird and takes it down, fastening it to his belt. they are silent for a while. i'm glad he didnt mention anything of last night. Brutus steps out after pushing a button. when he does my screen divides in half and i see Daniella.

"i think we need to take out Sage. hes too dangerous." Daniella says. i want to slash her head off. thats how i let out anger, i hurt people.

"no." Resin says. she crosses her arms. "why?" he asks.

"because..... i hate that girl Cirrianetta! and i know it would ruin her to see me kill him!" she says sadly. " and look if any of us are strong enough to win its him, okay! hes strong, and he has all that motivation, and hes the kind of person that would turn and kill us all just like that whore did last year!" she says angrily. oh my god, she never quits. Resin rolls his eyes again.

"look! this game isnt about petty grudges you have. its about surviving, and you're bothering the hell out of everyone. your strategy is never to go after people with connection. if you kill him you have to go back to your district andlive with that! and that girl Cirri is strong. even if your older she would beat the shit out of you so easily. and you know she would." he says, shouting at her. " just focus on whats important. we take everyone else out and them us 6 can split up and at that point let it go with the flow. so just give it a freaking rest for 5 minutes, okay!" he screams at her. i like this kid! too bad hes going to die.  they settle themselves and go to sleep, but i can see how pissed off Resin is.

when Brutus returns he comes over to me and i start laughing. " they all hate her!" i say laughing away. he glares at me before returning to his seat and pushing the button, removing the girl fom my screen. i see Sage and Ambria heading back to the camp.

when they all join together inside the mouth of the horn they stare up at the sky for the death toll of the first day.

Kumar (3)

Anette (6)

Stone (9)

Jessa (10)

and Quail (12)

ok thats 5 down and 18 more deaths to come before i can bring Sage home.

they appoint Ambria to take first watch to make sure Daniella and Sage dont kill each other.

she sits on a crate of various dried fuits, outside under the canopy. she has a spear in hand and shes looking around for predators, while everyone else was sleeping soundly inside of the cornocoupia.