21

Dying is funny. You never realize how much you aren't afraid of it until you've been pushed off a building and are plumpting towards your unholy demise.

He took too long. The Goblin sent both of us to our deaths. Peter couldn't know, he wouldn't know that even if he grabbed one of us before we hit the ground, we would have already been gone for precious seconds.

I was losing consciousness.

I wished I could have told my mom I loved her one last time. I wished I could have spent more time with Peter. I wished I hadn't lived in fear for so long, I wished I could have announced to the world one last time that I was in love.

I wished I could have kissed Gwen one last time.

Dark spots clouded my vision.

I hope Peter can move on. I hope he doesn't live the rest of his life blaming himself for the impossible choice he had to make. Not that it matters.

I closed my eyes.

Was Gwen feeling the same thing? Did she fall too? Was she near?

My breaths stopped coming in. Suffocation closed around my throat. I felt my brain shaking against the sides of my skull, my lungs rattling in uselessness.

Would I see my father again, or would I never see anything ever again?

A web slung around my foot, I could feel myself being hoisted back up in the air, heading towards home, but... but... it was too la...

A/N: That's it! I have had such fun writing this story, it's been a ride. If you want a conclusion chapter, please let me know, but I think this is it. Thank you all!

Special shoutout to Abby Sten for being such a superfan of this story!