WONDERWALL

Arabella French was the sweetest girl in Small Heath. She was filled with innocence and joy. That was pretty unusual considering her father is a Peaky Blinder and so is her brother.

At sixteen, Arabella would walk down the streets smiling at everyone she saw. Sometimes she would buy little children sweeties. She felt it was her duty to bring warmth in a cold and dark place.

Her light to the darkness was John Shelby. They were two peas in a pod from the age of five. They would go to school together, they would run around the streets together at night. Then the older brothers would look after them.

1911, Small Heath, Birmingham

Now they were sixteen.

"John!" Arabella called as she walked into the Shelby's home, well more importantly the betting place at the back. Her curly dark brown hair matched her white shirt and yellow skirt. She loved to look bright and colourful.

"Arabella French. I have told you to stop coming in here. It is no place for little girls." Arabella's father, Paul, warned in his thick Scottish accent. He came from Glasgow but the French children never inherited his accent or their mums thick welsh accent. The siblings have a mixture of accents into one.

"Father, I need to speak to John." Arabella replied in a sweet and innocent voice, her father just simply could not say no. He sighed in defeat before he went back to his papers. "Let's go John." Arabella grinned and John followed her into the back room then she closed the door.

"What is it, Arabella?" John asked Arabella as she sat down on the desk, crossed legs of course.

"Well, why did you not tell me about you and Martha?" Arabella asked John squealing practically. John had finally found a girlfriend, Arabella had been waiting for this day.

"This is why." John answered as his friend just could not stop grinning. "Anyways, it is not a big deal, it won't be when I become a Peaky Blinder." John continued and Arabella rolled her eyes. All the men cared about was becoming a Peaky Blinder.

"You are excited to blind people?" Arabella asked him unamused. John nodded his head. "I want to be in love." Arabella groaned before she turned her head to face John, he had sat on the table beside her. "But I can't because everyone knows I have the Peaky Blinders on my side." Arabella sighed and John just laughed.

"That is what happens when you are apart of the most feared gang in Birmingham." John replied and Arabella shook her head frantically.

"I will never be married, I will never have kids. You know what I should leave. Go to London, find love there." Arabella exclaimed excitably. "Somebody is bound to love me there." Arabella continued and John loved his best friends craziness.

"You move and your dad will have Peaky Blinders surrounding London." John replied and Arabella just groaned so loud that people probably thought she was dying or something.

"I guess there is Patrick." Arabella sighed in annoyance. He was the rich kid in Birmingham who used to go to school with Arabella and John. He had always had a crush on Arabella but she never liked him back.

"Jesus Arabella, him." John sighed in disgust and Arabella stood up from the table. She walked over to the curtains and closed them, she could sense that people were listening in.

"I am sixteen, going on seventeen John. I need to find somebody soon. It is my duty as a woman." Arabella explained, she did not believe in it but she knew it was her duty to the world.

"You have never believed in that." John replied and Arabella sighed in defeat.

"I know John, but I am going to have to start soon." Arabella stated as she looked into John's eyes. She was in love with him, she always had but she could never tell him.