17

"You are home!" Belle exclaimed as she ran into Patrick's arms. She was so happy to see him because Belle wanted to confirm her love for him and not for John. Patrick looked less excited to see him. "Are you tired, would you like something to eat?" Belle asked as she rested her hands on her husbands chest. 

"I am going to go to lie down." Patrick answered as he smiled at his fiancee before he started to walk up the long staircase. Belle was confused with his mannerism. He was being very odd. 

"But I made your favourite foods, do you not want to have something to eat?" Belle asked him trying to sound gentle and kind when actually she was very much so suspicious. He was never usually like this when he came home.

"No thank you." Patrick answered politely, Belle continued to follow him up the stairs of their manor. 

"Come on." Belle pleaded, she really wanted to see him. Belle wanted to know that he was the one, she needed to. 

"Belle, I said no, okay." Patrick replied getting more and more sterner. Belle held onto his hand. 

"At least give me a kiss." She whispered to him acting all coy. Patrick smiled at her before he noticed something rather odd. 

"Where is our staff?" He asked her turning around so he could see all through their gigantic hall. 

"I relieved them for the now. I simply do not need them when I am left alone." Belle answered in her usual bubbly self. 

"I shall bring them back for tomorrow." Patrick stated before he walked off. Belle was not happy with how he was acting, it was not normal for him. 

"Where were you?" Belle asked him raising her voice so he could see, he turned around at the stop of the staircase. A hand in each pocket. 

"I told you, London on business. Tommy asked me to go." Patrick answered sighing a bit. Belle shook her head. 

"No he did not." Belle stated shaking her head and Patrick looked a little caught off guard. "What business?" Belle asked him sterner and Patrick just sighed. 

"Family business. Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about." Patrick smiled at her as he walked down the stairs and held her face in his hands. He kissed her happily on the lips. "Better now?" Patrick asked Belle as she leaned to the side a little, into his hand. She was giggling happily. Belle was trying to forget about why he lied to her. Also he spoke to her in a very undermining tone and she did not like it.

"I love you." Belle grinned at him. 

"And I you." Patrick replied as he took his hands down to his side. Belle turned around and started to walk down the stairs. 

"I am going to go into the city." Belle shouted after him as she slipped on her white coat over her black dress. 

"Why?" Patrick asked her and Belle just wanted a walk to clear her head and mind after everything. 

"I am going for a walk, I normally do at this time." Belle lied in a calming voice. Patrick nodded his head approvingly. 

"Bye sweetheart." He smiled and Belle did the same thing back before she opened up the large door and walked out. 

___

Belle was walking down the streets of Birmingham when she saw a commotion. Belle ran over to find the poor women lying down hurt, police officers on horses or either pushing people up against walls. 

"What the heck is going on?" Belle called out as she tried to help a poor women up. 

"Check her!" A police officer screamed before he held up Belle and forcefully pushed her against the wall. Belle groaned in pain as the side of her head got scratched up against the wall.