RESPECT

"Let's fucking drink." Arthur exclaimed as they had finished eating there meal. Gladys and Belle were taking the dishes away and piling them on the bar. Belle could not help but watch her brother, he just did not seem the same. None of them really did.

"Mum, what do we do about Richard?" Belle asked her mum as she ate some of the leftover pie. Belle had one of the bodies when you cold eat whatever you wanted and your stomach would not even grow an inch.

"He seems fine." Gladys replied smiling but she knew that something was not right. John was leaning on his chair watching Belle as he smoked his cigarette. "You put on some show tonight." Gladys smirked at her daughter and Belle just laughed a little.

"I am angry at him. I am calm now." Belle smiled back at her mum. She looked up from eating pie to see John smirking at her. Belle grinned at him, it felt so good to have her best friend back. John stood up and walked over to her. "Glad to be back?" Belle asked him as she ate some more apple pie.

"I have missed you, you know that?" John asked and Belle raised an eyebrow at him as she leaned over so he could light up the new cigarette she had just popped into her mouth. Belle lit it for her and Belle took a drag before she answered his question.

"You have a weird way of showing it." John laughed back at her as she made her way around the bar towards him. Patrick was watching them carefully.

"I am so glad to have my baby boy back." Gladys smiled at Richard but he was very much cold and reserved like Tommy.

"Yeah well." Richard muttered as he drank some more rum from the bottle in front of him. Belle left John to walk over beside her older brother.

"Do you want to talk?" She asked him quietly as everyone else engaged in their own conversations.

"No, I don't want to. I actually have a date." Richard stated as he stood up, he placed his jacket and cap on.

"With who?" Belle asked as she crossed her arms over. Her brother had only been home less than six hours.

"A lady of the night." Richard answered, he did not care that both his mother and sister were in the room with him.

"Oh god no." Belle muttered in utter shock. She had nothing against their profession and she did not judge them in anyway but she just never would have guessed that her brother would be going to one for 'consolidating'.

"Shut up Arabella, I can do what I please." Richard snapped at her before he marched out without saying goodbye to anyone. Gladys, devastated, walked into the back room.

"Just leave him." Patrick whispered into Belle's ear as he pulled her down onto his knee.

"So how long have you two been together?" Arthur asked starting up conversation. Belle leaned forward so she could stub her cigarette out in the ashtray.

"Two years, we are actually engaged." Patrick answered and John looked at her completely confused.

"Engaged?" Tommy asked and Belle nodded her head happily. John just chugged down the alcohol because the whole thought was killing him inside.

"Yeah, it happened this afternoon." Belle answered.

"Honey, why are you only telling me now?" Gladys asked as she leaned on the door of the back room. she had heard the whole thing.

"Because it is not our night. It's the boys." Belle explained and Gladys just took a drag on her cigarette. "Congratulations." She smiled at her daughter and Belle hugged her. Everybody was congratulating them except for John.

"Steele left us in France." John stated and Belle raised an eyebrow at her clearly jealous best friend but Belle did not pick up on the jealously.