Chapter 5

(Media picture of Amunet)

-edited-

Justin POV:

"Today is going to be fine, Justin." I look at Amunet and she was wearing some light blue ripped shorts and a tie dye crop top.

"I know I'm just going to have a great time and enjoy my 17th birthday." I kiss her forehead.

"I really hope we end up being mates."

I can't help but smile because I want us to be mates too. "It would be amazing that my first love was my mate." I tell her.

She kissed me and I automatically kissed her back, slowly going backwards until I lightly pressed her against the wall. I grab her waist and held her closer to me.

"You two are disgusting." I look in the  direction of the annoying voice knowing it was my stupid sister.

"Well you just need to get a boyfriend, one that I actually don't hate."

"But the ones you hate are the best ones." She smiled as she started walking away.

I put my forehead against Amunets' as I admire her beauty. Her swimmingly blue eyes as her pupils get bigger when she looks at me, how her smile is barely reaches past the width of her of nose. I lift her chin to peck her lips.

"I've missed you."  I kiss her forehead, because all my old feelings had finally resurfaced and it no longer felt like we were ever apart to begin with.

"Justin!" I instantly turned around and saw my dad, he was at the picture area with mom, Eva, Jacob and Jason. It was clear that they wanted another family portrait.

I grab Amunets' hand as we walked over to the set up. Dad picked up Jason and put him on his shoulders. Eva stood in front of mom but more to the right and mom had both of her hands on her shoulders. Jacob knelt down on one knee in front of dad but more to the left, leaving room for me in the center. I placed myself in the middle, I stood like my dad did and all Alphas did strong but kind of arrogant, it always worked and it felt like it fit the part.

The lady behind the camera started counting down, right after the picture was taken, I insisted that Amunet was to be in the next one. I wrapped my arms around her waist as he back faced my front, I placed my hands on her stomach and she put her hands on mine. I didn't see her smile but just having her here I know I was smiling like a fool. The lady once again started counting down, and three seconds after the flash we knew the pictures had been taken.

We looked at the pictures and my mom handed me the one one with Amunet, I didn't look as bad as I thought I would, and Eva looked like her smile was fake. My moms smile wasn't so real either, I keep forgetting my mom doesn't like Amunet very much.

I grab my dads arm and I start walking, making sure to get out of ear shot from mom. My dad didn't know what was going on, but he walked with me anyways.

I stopped him and stared him in the eyes. "Dad, how do you know when you've found your mate?" I ask him.

He looked at my mom, and kind of smiled. "Trust me, you'll know."

"Yea but how will I know. How will I feel it?" I ask.

"Is this about Amunet?" He asked already knowing the answer.

"Yea.. I feel like she's mine, but I'm just not sure."

"It's possible."

"It is? But she's not going to be seventeen for about three months."