Chapter 9

(Media picture of Elliot)

-edited-

Justin POV:

"So fucking me up wasn't enough for you?" I growl slamming him against the wall as my arm was pressed against his throat, sternly under his chin.

"Not everything is about you psycho. You're sister, Eva, she's my mate, my everything." His lips cornered to a grin as he said her name, but I only pulled him back to hit the wall again.

"She's fifteen, you're twenty, there's no possible way she can be your mate." I argued.

"Then how do I know her secret scent?" He asks.

"You don't."

A secret scent is a scent that can only be recognized by family or mate. Normally our scent is carried by cologne or perfume, but a secret scent would be something as season breeze, fruit, vegetable, a snack. Whatever your nose can relate it to.

Eva's secret scent is like a Blue-raspberry Lemon. It smells nice, but I often tell her she smells like anchovies to her lower her self esteem so guys can stay off her ass. It's a big brother move.

"She's my mate, how could I not know." He growled. His eyes veer away from mine and his smile grows a little wider. "She has the lemony smell," he starts and I clench my jaw because he's close. He sighs heavily through his mouth and hold I back the urge to clench my nose of the tobacco smell. "Some berry smell, I'm not quite sure yet, I do know I wouldn't mind having that scent under my nose for the rest of my life." He looks back down at me.

I let him go and slowly started laughing. "You really want me to believe that you didn't ask my four year old brother, who probably doesn't know of your existence but knows my sister secret scent and told you because he doesn't know any better?"

"You mean, Jason, the little twerp that runs around with the fake claws during daycare scaring the others kids?" He scoffed. "Luna Estelle literally kicked me one time and brought me to my knees because I was nine feet from Jason. So how would I be able to have a conversation with him without your mother snapping my neck."

He has a point. My mom literally hates him, and I'm surprised I got to him before my mom did because nothing about this is funny to any of us.

There's some parts of the story that wasn't told. I know you get the gist of it, that Elliot Miguel got me hooked on drugs, lots of them. My parents were so close to stripping me of my title, because I'd come home cross faded, saying shit to Estelle that I should never say, things that she and I will never forget but am thankful that she forgave me. Dad also beat me for the things I said, I was too high and drunk to dodge anything. I didn't feel shit the nights it happened, but the mornings after most definitely.

I used not come home weeks at a time. One day I came home and my dad just locked me up in the basement with the rogues until all the heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, adderall, Xanax, etc. was out of my system. Pretty much any drug there was I had it... more than once. I loved it, it was a high of relief. There was times when I felt out of mind like giant spiders chasing me, me crying acid and I see my skin burning, or I paralyzed myself, I thought I couldn't move but I was capable the whole time.

No matter how many times I wanted to stop so I could stop feeling like I was crazy, there Elliot stood holding a bag of something saying I had to try. Telling me that I won't feel like I'm tripping. It'll give my this all new high. That's when I'd fall for it "All New High", I'd try it day after day and would do anything for another taste.

The pack forgave me for my idiocy, but I didn't. I know people still talk about it, saying they don't think I should lead, that a ex drug addict shouldn't lead. They don't trust my judgement, the parents fear for their kids future, for I will be a terrible influence. During my Alpha ceremony, if enough people don't trust me then I won't be Alpha, Eva will. I didn't think about it back then... I wish I did.

I haven't touched any drugs or alcohol in one year, eight months, three weeks, two days. And I'm never planning on doing it again. I will never put my future on the line like I did so carelessly before. I'm being a better me, I'm at my strongest and healthiest. I'm not going to ruin that.

I walk away from Elliot, all these memories bring up so many feelings, dangerous ones. I'd kill him right now if I could get away with it. He's not mated to my sister, he's just trying to find another way to get into my life, to make me destroy my chance at being Alpha.

I walk into the house and all I see is my mom cleaning... it doesn't sound bad but ever since she became Luna she picked up this bad habit of cleaning to prevent from killing. It's a deep cleaning though, because like every other mom, she cleans, but when it stenches of bleach and you notice some new decorations, that's her distracting herself. I guess I should've guessed it when I saw Jacob and Jason playing in the front yard... but where's Eva.

"Mom, where's Eva?" I ask.

"She is somewhere with James. I believe they're talking about Elliot." She smiled kind of crookedly. "I knew we should of kicked him out years ago." She started mumbling things to herself lowly and assuringly. 

"Mom...what if she is his mate?" I can't believe I actually just said that.

"What?" She kind of growled.

"I feel like I shouldn't have to say this but before I continue. I hate Elliot, he's convinced me to do stupid shit- sorry- that I can't take back. I hate him as much as you do, no doubt about it."

"Then why do you think so?" Her voice was low and quiet.

"He knows, her secret scent, mom." Her faces tenses, doesn't move, she just stands there and stare at me. "Mom?"

"How does he know? Everyone knows not to tell anyone." She started biting on her bottom lip and looked away. I waited patiently for her to speak after I shrugged my shoulders. "Did you tell him?" My eyes grow wide. With unfortunate timing I hear the back door open and I can smell Dad and Eva.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"What's going on?" I hear my dad's voice.

"Elliot knows Eva's secret scent." Estelle said, her eyes burning into mine.

"And I have nothing to do with that." I clarify.

"You two were friends for years-"

"And I know the rules." I kind of snap, defending myself.

"What about the million times you two and your other friends were fucked up, what if you told him and don't remember." Is she being serious? "Now the son a bitch is using this to get into our family, by saying my daughter is his mate."

"I know I never revealed anyone secret scent to anybody!" I yell. "How could you think that?" I look from Estelle to my dad and I can see him trying to figure out what to say. "Dad?" He has to defend me.

"I don't know. It could of been a accident. You don't remember some of the things you came home and did. With you under the influence, who knows what you could of said." My dad said unsure as if he didn't know to believe himself.

"But I know I didn't. I'm smarter than that." I argue.

"If you were smarter then you would've never got caught up with him and his friends." Estelle eyes were dark, and I know my dad wanted to say something but it was against his better judgement.

"I didn't do it." I say looking at the three of them. "I know I screwed up. I know I wasn't smart then, either. But I know I didn't tell anyone."

I know they don't believe me. I can see it and feel it, I would never under the influence of anything share information so important. It's different when you find your mate and you tell your best friend her secret scent, but not family, and especially when they're years of finding out for themselves. So many things could happen. But I know I wouldn't have said anything, I know.

"I don't think he did." I look at Eva. "My big brother has made mistakes, huge ones, but he's never leaked anything important. So if Elliot know my scent, it just means he's my mate."