4.

I run through the main doors of Malfoy Manor and kick my shoes off, whilst slightly jogging towards the dining room. Once I reach the dining room doors, I compose myself and then with a big push I open the medium sized oak doors. Luckily, everyone was just sitting down at the table, in their assigned seats, so there was no way I would be getting into trouble. I quickly scurry over to my seat next to Draco and sit down. 

"Oi, where have you been Rue?!" Draco whispered inquisitively.

"I was out," I replied nonchalantly, with a shrug of my shoulders. I notice Draco giving me a look of despair. "Oi what's that look for?"

"You're just so 'I don't give a shit about anything', you're gonna get yourself in trouble one day. That's all."

"Oh Draco, I can look after myself dear." And with that, our conversation was hushed by Lucius and our attention diverted to Voldemort entering the room. 

Oh brilliant.

Every night our meals are different and are always amazing. Seriously, house elves are a blessing to the Wizarding World. I'm not exactly a massive fan of them being treated so badly though, I absolutely hate it. Some of the elves who are owned by the Malfoys are the sweetest I've ever met, but get the worst punishments I've ever heard of. There was one elf who I absolutely adored when I was younger and I still do. His name was Dobby, but according to Draco, Harry Potter somehow managed to free him from the Malfoys at the end of their second year. Pretty clever if you ask me, points to Potter. 

"Ugh, this is such a good meal!" I moan with a mouth full of food, not caring who is listening. Along the table I hear a hiss and my eyes are quickly diverted to my mother giving me an awful look. I shrug my shoulders and go back to eating my delicious roast dinner. It was a Sunday, and the last Sunday me and Draco were going to be at home before we went back to school. It was kind of tradition to have a roast dinner on the last Sunday. 

Throughout dinner there was very little chatter. It was mainly Voldemort asking his oh so loyal followers how the start of the infiltration of the Ministry was going and all their other evil doings. I occasionally asked Draco questions about Hogwarts and whether the teachers were any good and if their were any deaths recently, because there was always a death nearly every year at Durmstrang. Always the 7th years getting angry with each other, apparently 7 years in the same dorm with the same group of guys gets rather tedious and can cause an injury or in other cases, death. When I asked him the last question he went very quiet, and if it was possible even paler than was natural for him. 

"Erm, at the end of last year, er, this guy like 2 years above me died. Cedric Diggory, he was a Hufflepuff. It happened during the Triwizard Tournament," he hurried out in a whispered tone, looking up and down the table at the same time. Then in an even quieter a voice, he finished with "some people say it was murder." I was extremely confused but didn't pester him, I guess I'll just have to ask him about it at another time. 

Dinner finished at about 8:30pm and after Draco and I excused ourselves from the table we made our way upstairs and to our rooms. I didn't haven't anything planned for the rest of the evening, so I decided I was just going to read or something. Not much else to do in this mansion. 

"Oi, you should start packing, it's gonna be a long day at Diagon Alley tomorrow!" Draco exclaimed and then walked into his room. 

I shuffled into my room and made my way over to my trunk in the corner of my room. After dragging my trunk into the middle of my room, I walked to my desk and wrote a list of what I needed to take with me to Hogwarts. 

I hate packing.

After what seemed like a year of packing, I had finally placed all my belongings into my trunk and there was still enough space left for all the other things I will be buying tomorrow. I'm both nervous and excited to go to Diagon Alley tomorrow. Nervous because anyone who is clever enough will know I'm my mothers daughter after one glance at me, and I think that will probably cause a problem. Still, I'm excited because I'm getting all my equipment for Hogwarts. I already have half the stuff needed anyway, from being at Durmstrang, but there are other books I'll be needing. Especially the ones for fifth year. The year of O.W.L.s. Oh god, the year of my Ordinary Wizarding Levels... I am so going to be screwed!

I dragged my feet along the floor towards my bookcase and tried to choose a book to read. But seeing as being cooped up over the summer with nothing to do most days, I realised that I had read them all. Looks like I'm taking myself to the wonderful Malfoy Library. Oh but that library is amazing. So many shelves holding so many books. I myself read about 25% of the library of the summer, and Draco, probably 5%. My mission is to read all the books, although I am sure there are some that I should not even look at as I'll probably get cursed just walking past it. 

I exit my room and start to walk along the corridor, passing Draco's room when I hear Lucius' hushed voice speaking in a quick and worried tone.

"You have to make sure she carries out this mission the way the Dark Lord has set it. Any mistakes and there will be repercussions, for the both of you!"

"Okay father, I understand," I heard Draco whine.

"I don't think you do, I cannot lose my son and my niece! This is very important. There is certain information he needs to find out about, and Rue is the best chance we have at that! You need to keep an eye on her." Lucius demanded. Well at least he cared about me, didn't want to me lose me, how sweet. 

"Father, I understand what you've asked me to do and I will do it. If there are any problems, I will send you an owl okay!" Draco replied ending in a sigh. 

What on earth was that conversation about. Why does Lucius sound so serious but scared for his own life as well as mine and Draco's?! There must be something that Voldemort never told me when he briefed me about this mission. I didn't realise how serious this was meant to be... Well shit, I kind of really don't want to die, so it looks like I've got to do my best when I get to Hogwarts. With my O.W.L.s and this mission. Oh Merlin, not as if my life was bloody difficult as it is.

---------------------------------

after this chapter, the story won't add up. just a warning xoxox