The Chapter That Follows #1: Narcissism

2018

Everyone is a narcissist.

For our friends we learn to tone it down by using our narcissism together. You talk about yourself then it's my turn, and so on.

It's why the friendship works!

Some people can only take so much of you talking about yourself until they are uninterested; those are the acquaintances.

You see, you can find out your friendship level by how much of someone's narcissism you are able to withstand before excusing yourself to the bathroom to go look at memes - and maybe pee.

Friendship is pretty much a contract between two narcissists who have mutually agreed that, because they take turns to both be narcissistic, they cannot judge each other for it. 

Hence why it works so darn well!

My favorite part about this whole "everyone is narcissistic" thing, is that not only are you and your bestie great at being narcissistic together, you also love to call out other people's narcissism anytime it appears. 

Does that mean that we are all also hypocritical?

I don't want to say yes without having thought about it enough to write another paragraph, so let's just say no.

There is this thing about narcissists being unable to care about anybody else except themselves, but I don't think it's true.

When you meet a friend who carries just as much narcissism as you, it balances out so well that you start to care for them. You start caring for their narcissism. You both start sharing your "self-absorbededness". Therefore, you are now no long self-absorbed because you are also absorbing other people's shit! 

If this doesn't qualify as a significant scientific breakthrough, I don't know what else does.

- If I keep writing this will turn into a word vomit chapter so I will just keep it as short as it is now.