Chapter Six

Ria's pov in third person

Ria got ready to go to the party. She took off her glasses, it wasn't like she needed them anymore. Circe, or Ceecee as she was known in the modern world, had taught her how to do complex hairstyles. She put her hair in an elaborate bun at the top and left the rest of the hair in a fishtail braid.

Her bed was in the corner and if she stood behind her bed no one could see her. She was glad about it. She didn't want to lose her nerve. She slowly pulled out her makeup kit. It was put together by one of the girls in Circe's Island and she hadn't used it yet. She slowly applied mascara and eyeshadow. A slight blush and a swab of lip gloss later, she felt ready. She was wearing a dress with a cream bodice and dark blue skirt. It did look good on her. She felt happy about the way she looked. 'It was almost pretty' she thought.

She stepped out to the centre of the dorm.

"OMG!!! You look lovely!" Alice shrieked.

Lily seemed to be tearing up.

"Let me add some pearls to your hair" Marlene suggested and she complied.

"Gorgeous...." Lily said.

Together they descended the staircase. Several boys wolf whistled. The marauders couldn't take their eyes off the girls. Sirius gave Ria a sad look which went unnoticed.

"You look gorgeous" Remus told her. She flushed with pleasure. Sirius frowned and looked between them. His brow furrowed.

"That is a nice necklace" Peter squeaked.

"Hmm... Thank you. My mother bought it for me when I got my Hogwarts letter" Ria replied.

"Its a winged horse" James observed

"It's a pegasus" Ria corrected, smiling to herself. Horses were her dad's thing, after all. Besides a pegasus locket was her mum's idea, that she won't feel alone. 'How much had she known? Had she already anticipated death?' she thought sadly.

"Ponies, very mature!" James teased.

Ria glared coldly at him.

"I happen to like horses, thank you very much!" she snarkily replied.

Gone were those days when she was willing to be pushed around.

James nodded awkwardly as they made their way to the dungeons.

************************************

"Welcome!!! Welcome to the first Slug club meeting of the year!" Slughorn boomed.

People shuffled awkwardly into the seats assigned.

The first phase of the meeting was wasted in greetings.

Ria noted that special attention was showered upon Tom Riddle.

" So Tom m'boy! Tell me. What are your future plans?"