Chapter Fourteen

Ria looked at the man's face, who had just stolen a kiss from her.

A few hours ago....

Ria forced herself to not cry. Her uncle, Devraj Patil had forced her to come to his home using his status as her legal guardian and was now marrying her off to a guy who was old enough to be her father. Her uncle, the repulsive excuse for a human being, acted like he knew her all his life.

Her father couldn't help her. The laws prohibiting him won't be any help at all.

Her fiance, Roshan Singhania was a really rich man with whom her uncle wanted a business deal with. She had seen him once and was in too much of a shock to say anything.

The worst part was that, what her uncle was doing was perfectly legal. The age difference in purebloods' family marriages were never abolished, its just that nobody thought of it anymore.

It was perfectly legal for a guardian to arrange a marriage for an underage person who had passed their OWLs. They could protest of course, but such an option had not been given to her as she was now locked away from the rest of the world while around her the wedding preparations were going on. She couldn't just walk to the ministry.

Someone knocked the door and her cousin, Devanand Patil came in.

"Hmm... I just came to give you this" he said awkwardly, scratching his stubble and keeping a few packages on the table.

She ignored him. The Ravenclaw had always ignored her at Hogwarts and during her second year, he had graduated. He hadn't come to her mother's funeral either.

"Um, don't shout or scream, okay?" he asked her worriedly.

She looked at him confused.

Suddenly an apparition apparated next to him.

She gaped at the detached head of Sirius Black floating in the air.

"It's James's cloak. Come quick. Let's go. You're not marrying some shrivelled up old coot when I'm alive" he said dramatically.

Ria looked at him for a few seconds. And flung herself at him, seemingly hugging air. Sirius looked like he was in heaven.

"Guys! Get out of here now! Before anyone sees" her cousin said urgently.

She hugged her cousin, who apologised to her for everything.

She quickly got out of the house with Sirius who explained to her that Mrs Potter was waiting for her at home and they'll be taking his motorbike there.

He got his shrunken motorbike from his pocket and unshrunk it.

Ria clambered on after him. She closed her eyes when they started flying. She was scared of heights so she crept closer to him and hugged him close. Inhaling his leather jacket and cologne smell, she sighed.

"Sirius ?"

Sirius smiled when she said his name. "Yes love ?"

Ria didn't either notice the endearment or chose not to comment on it.

"I'm scared of heights" she said tentatively.

Sirius lowered the motorbike silently. Half an hour later, she was drinking the hot chocolate given by Dorea Potter.

<>

Sirius cornered Ria while she was climbing up the stairs.

"I have your trunk. Your cousin shrunk it and gave it to me" Sirius told her.

She nodded when he offered to bring it up for her.

Sirius whistled to himself as he carried her trunk upstairs. Last year, he had dated half the school to try and forget her, while James did the same.

Riddle, before he graduated, had made sure that the boys who thought about dating her were beaten up anonymously. He didn't like that, but he did like it that she was single. And now she's going to be living with them. He had finally left the Blacks and now he was going to win the heart of the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his days with.

Ria was looking outside through the window. He closed the door behind him and walked to her.

"Why?" she asked sadly. "Why did you risk your life?" she had sensed his presence.

"Because, I love you '' the answer escaped his lips before he could stop.  " Because I always have loved you. What happened in that broom cupboard wasn't a joke. I've always loved you. I am sixteen and I've already decided that you're the girl I'm going to marry someday" he rambled.

Ria looked at him with her lips parted in shock. Tears welled up in her eyes.

Then without thinking, he pressed a chaste kiss against her lips.

Ria looked at the man's face, who had just stolen a kiss from her.

Then she grabbed his collar and pulled him down to kiss him again. And as they both threw their arms around each other and hugged each other close without even the slightest gap between each other, common sense flew out through the window. After all, love was senseless.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Finally.... What do you guys think? Please vote and comment!