Chapter Nine

James's pov

The Hogwarts Express had arrived. All of us were loading our things into our compartment. By a sudden stroke of inspiration I got Remus to invite the girls to sit with us.

Girls never say no to Moony. Good, sweet, studious boys are hard to say no to, especially since he's every girl's dream best friend. Say, isn't it nice that Moony is our friend? A good boy is often needed in circumstances like this.

"Thanks for inviting us, Remus" Lily flower said as soon as they reached the compartment. I gave her a bright smile which she returned. I felt a thrill of excitement surge through me.

Padfoot took Ria's trunk from her without speaking a word and put that on top of the luggage rack. I saw her giving him a tentative smile to which he smiled back too enthusiastically.

She looked weirded out by that reaction and I didn't blame her.

She sat down next to Peter, who started blabbering about what his mother is going to cook for him tonight. Apparently he was planning to ask Lucy to be his girlfriend.

When did that happen? Our little Wormtail grew up so fast!!!

"You should take her out on a romantic date, give her a bunch of her favourite flowers, take her on a really romantic walk and then tell her how wonderful it's been for you, dating her. Then ask her to be your girlfriend" Ria adviced Peter.

Lily was nodding her head like mad at her words. I listened in, hoping to pick up tips. How come nobody offers me any advice like that?

I saw Lily biting her lower lip as she stared out of the train. I swallowed painfully. The temptation to kiss her was overwhelming. I crossed my arms across my chest so that I don't grab her and do something stupid.

"Uh, Ria? Did you thank Tom for the flowers he got you?" Marlene asked Ria.

Seriously? Should she ask that right in front of Sirius? The last thing Padfoot needs is Ria getting all lovey-dovey when talking about Riddle!!!

"Actually, they weren't from Tom. I thanked him for the flowers today morning and he didn't know what I was talking about " she said confusedly.

"I didn't see the flowers. Show me" Lily demanded.

As Ria pulled a carefully wrapped parcel from her bag, I glanced at Sirius. I had a good idea of who send the flowers.

He grinned at me lazily. Aah!!!! I knew it.

"I don't know how they knew my favourite colour was blue!" she said while showing us the flowers.

Since the person knew what her favourite colour was and what her favourite flower was to conjure up those flowers in that particular colour, it's obvious that she must have told him

Since the person knew what her favourite colour was and what her favourite flower was to conjure up those flowers in that particular colour, it's obvious that she must have told him. And you don't even interact that closely with everyone, only a select few close enough to tell them your favourite colour. C'mon kid, figure it out!!!