Where Your Thoughts Lie

Chapter 7

A/N:: Hello my friends!  Early update for this month! Sorry it's been so long! Make sure you read the authors note, published before this for a little bit of context! Anyways, we are back in the swing of things! Make sure to comment and vote!  (Next update will be July 20th)

Trigger warnings: Bullying. Abuse in the end marked with ~~~~~, feel free to skip because there is a recap at the very end.

I woke up slowly. The pillow underneath me was warm and calming, moving slowly with a steady thumping by my ear. This is bliss.

Then I heard it. Chuckles. "That is so cute." Someone, maybe Luke?, whispered.

"Damn right." Someone else replied, and I heard the distinct shutter of a camera go off and a muffled "Shit, I didn't turn my sound off." Gabriel?

What was going on?

My pillow shifted slightly, and I heard just as I felt North say, "Guys, cut it out. She's still sleeping. If you wake her up, I'll have your balls."

"You and me both." Someone else muttered. It sounded like Sean?

Then I remembered where I was, and realized I was still using North as a mattress. I shot up, pressing my hands into North's firm chest, basically straddling him. He had his hands on my hip to steady me, and my face instantly flushed.

"Sang Baby, are you okay?" North asked, obviously worried. The others laughed as I tried and failed at getting off of him.

"I- i'm fine North, I just have to, uh, use the restroom." I said, falling over onto another body next to us and feeling the now familiar zap, but more intense than normal.

I squeaked, trying to get off of the other person when they shot up and our heads smashed together. They cursed while I held my forehead, leaning against their legs with my legs kicked up by North's head.

"I'm so sorry!" I cried out, looking over into steel grey eyes. Oh no.

As I was looking into his eyes, I suddenly heard a sound in my head- a voice. A masculine voice.

"Oh, my head. What is going on- why is Sang staring at me like that?-" Mr. Blackbourne's eyes grew wide and he suddenly pushed away from me, gently as to not hurt me but firm enough we were no longer touching.

I felt buzzing tingles throughout my body and suddenly I was picked up by somebody and sat down on the couch, the tingling in my body gone.

I looked up and saw a frazzled Nathan staring down at me. The room was quiet.

"Thank you, Mr. Griffin. I appreciate it." Mr. Blackbourne said, rubbing a hand down his face as he reached for his glasses.

"Sure thing, Mr. B." Nathan said, and I looked between the two of them.

"What... What just happened?" I asked the room, and looked at everyone.

Nathan wouldn't look at me. Luke and Gabe were watching North, who was staring at his hands. Sean was watching Mr. Blackbourne, who was the only person to meet my eyes.

"I believe you just learned what my power is." He said, and I blanched.

"Y-you can read minds?" I breathe out.

"Among other things, yes. But usually I just tune it out." He said, and I nod.

"Have, Have you ever read my mind?" I asked, and was shocked to see a dusting of pink come across his features.