Chapter one : Anger

^Picture of Damond
_______________________________________

Dear Aria

Happy birthday, sweetie! I am so sorry I can't be there for your birthday today. You know I would've hooked us up with my good ole fashion cherry cheesecake, your favorite. I hope you're doing well. How is your mom? Are you still dancing? I miss you more and more every day. I hate that I'm missing out on everything. Wish I could be here for you big 17. Well, its time for me to go now. I love you. Never forget that.

-dad

I held my father's letter in my hand as tears rolled down my cheek. I wish I could tell him the truth. Ever since hes been locked away in prison, nothing has been the same. I haven't been to school for weeks. Mom has been suffering from severe depression, she hasn't even left her room in days. She refuses to eat or even shower. I haven't been to the dancing studio since his arrest.

I got up from the edge of my bed and decided I was going to go to school today. I couldn't stand being in this house any longer. My mom isn't herself, my father isn't here. Nothing is the same. I needed to leave.

My dad has been locked in prison for about 3 months now for a crime he did not commit. We were eating dinner one night and suddenly there was a knock on our door. There were officers at our door, they arrested him and took him to the station for a lineup. That was the last time my mom and I seen him. He was falsely charged with 2st-degree murder. My father denies the accusations and I believe him. They said the camera caught everything but I'm completely positive they've got the wrong guy and I'll do everything in my power to prove that.

I opened my closet door and threw on the first t-shirt and jeans I found. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I headed down the hall and knocked on my mom's door. When she didn't answer I opened up.

"Mom." I half-whispered.

She was sleeping with the tv on, as usual. Her room was disgusting, clothes everywhere, half-eaten food. It was so unlike her.

"Mom," I said a little louder.

"Yes, honey." She said, clearly just waking up.

She didn't even budge. She wouldn't even look at me. Seeing her like this made me angry. She was supposed to be the parent. She's supposed to at least pretend to have it together for me. But ever since dad, she's just been eating her sadness away locked up in her room 24/7. She probably doesn't even remember it's my birthday.

"You know what doesn't matter," I said closing her door back.

I waited in front of her door for a couple of seconds, for her to say something, anything. Wait, I'm sorry, Happy birthday, I love you. But of course, I got nothing.

I headed to my car before I was late for class.

_________________________________

Damons p.o.v.

I reached over the lunch table and took a handful of my friends, Alex's, fries.

"Dude what the hell?" he threw his hands up, visibly annoyed.

"Chill the fuck out," I said while chucking the fries down my throat.

"Ew what the hell?" Ellie said with her face all scrunched up as she looked at her phone.

"Aria just texted me, she said she's coming to school today."

"What!?" I snatched the phone out of Ellie's hand.

Ellie and Aria used to be best friends. Up until her father murdered my mother in cold blood. The only person that ever loved me. For me.

That bitch Aria has some fucking nerve walking back into this school after defending her murderer father. I wanted to wring her fucking neck until her face turned purple and blue so she'll feel exactly what my mom felt when her dad-

"Damond." Alex placed a hand on my shoulder. "You good?"

"I'm going to the bathroom."

I got up and left the cafeteria. I needed to get out before I lash out. I pulled my cigarette packet and lighter I stole from my father's drawer and plopped one in my mouth as I rushed to the bathroom before a teacher saw. Some dumbass knocked into me, causing me to drop my cigarette box, all the cigarettes went flying onto the floor.

"Watch where yo-" When I saw the idiot that bumped into, my anger went out the roof.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I angrily asked Aria.