Chapter three: I care

^Picture of Finn
_______________________________________

Finn's p.o.v.

I sat in the gymnasium with Mr. Lee for detention with my dumbass brother and Aria.

This is all Damond's fault. He needs to learn to control his anger. He's been short tempered since a child. Any small inconvenience he'd throw a fit. So I know for the rest of his life he'll blame Aria for what happened to mom. He gets his behavior from dad.

Mr. Lee walked into the classroom and sat his coffee cup onto the bleachers, making a loud echo throughout the entire gym.

"Very disappointed in you guys behavior today." He began.

"You put a extremely bad reputation not only upon yourself, but the entire school. I want you guys to reflect on that " Mr. Lee pulled I out a bucket full of cleaning supplies from under his desk and sat in on top.

"While you clean the entire gym room. I want every piece of gum removed from under the bleachers, windows wiped, floor, swept, squeegeed, and mopped. Graffiti removed. The sooner you guys get done, the sooner you leave." He said.

"This is bull." Damond mumbled. I rolled my eyes, he can never just keep his mouth shut can he?

"Better get started." Mr. Lee said, the left the room.

Immediately after the room door closed, Aria grabbed the bucket of stuff and started cleaning under the bleachers.

I headed over next to her to help. Damond was laying on the bench with his eyes closed. Of course he wouldn't be helping.

"Are you okay?" Aria asked me, as she continued to scrape the gum from under the seat.

"I- yeah. I'm fine." I replied, I don't do to well holding conversations. "Thank you for your concern."

Aria gave me a small smile then got up to move to clean a different part of the gym. I followed her.

"Um, Aria." I sat next to her and fiddled with with rubber band around my arm.

"Yeah?" She replied, continuing to work. I placed my palms onto her working hands. She looked up at me, pulling a string of hair behind her ear.

Honestly, no really sees it but Aria is one of the most beautiful girls in this school. She's just extremely introverted and...known  for being the daughter of a murderer, so no one really gives her a chance.

"I just wanted to tell you, that I believe you." I told Aria. She looked at me with this very confused face. Her perfectly shaped eyebrows furrowed and her big brown eyes sparkled.

"What...?" She asked, her voice gentle.

"Your dad." I glanced at Damon to see if he was still sleeping, then lowered my voice.

"I believe he didn't do it." I told her.

Aria's mouth hung halfway open, her face still confused.

"But why? Shouldn't you be angry with me? I'm a daughter of a fucking murderer." She said, her voice wobbly , like she was holding in a cry.

"Your father's the same man who saved my life." I sat closer to her.

"I was going through shit. I was bullied for everything. For the way I dressed, talked, walked, looked. I had no friends." I took a deep breath, my voice shaky. This was an extremely hard topic for me to talk about.

"My father...he...he beats me, alot. Because I'm not 'manly enough'. I'm the weak link of the family. And Damond is becoming just like dad."

"Finn..." Aria looked at me with the same facial expression.

"One night, my dad got really drunk, him and mom got into a fight. He caught me eavesdropping." I could feel a lump form in my throat.

"He grabbed me by my neck, slammed me against the wall, and beat me. Over and over his fist would hit my face, full force. That same day I ran out the house. I went to the bridge by the river and climbed it. I couldn't take it anymore. The feeling of being alone. It was the worst feeling in the world. Noone loved me, or cared about me." I felt warm tears streaming down my cheeks, as my throat burned from trying to hold it in.

"Your dad, Aria, saw me about to jump, and you know what he told me? He said, 'No matter how big or little your problem is, I care.' He cared, Aria. He truly cared about me. I would stop by the animal shelter he worked at sometimes to talk to him about problems I had. And he was the most understanding person I've ever met." I wiped a tear off my cheek.

Aria gently pulled me into a hug. Her chest against mine. I wrapped my arms around her and cried into her shoulder. Her hand rubbed my back.

"Hey," she whispered into my ear. "If there's anything you ever want to talk about, you can always come to me Finn. I care."