Chapter 13

To say the least, it was a struggle getting out of bed this morning. Hana had kept me up for a while last night forcing me to recount every instance with Mark since the airplane ride from Canada. When she continued the questions even after I finished at the phone call she interrupted, I kicked her out of my room promising we'd resume the conversation tonight after I returned. Oh joy.

If you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm.

After I forced myself to arise from the comfort of my blanket burrito, I perused my closet for an outfit. I wanted to impress Mark's members and leave a good impression, and after the last awkward encounter with Jungkook I felt pressured. I really want them to like me. I decided on a denim skirt with a simple off the shoulder black top tucked into it. For once I had on an accessory; a plain and thin black choker hugged my neck. My hair was straightened, I had light makeup on, and I wore my trusted white Superstars.

I was 5 minutes from arriving at the front doors of SM Entertainment. Before I left, I had texted Mark that I was headed out and he informed me to meet him at the building cafeteria. Not that I had any clue where that was, but I figured I'd wing it once I was there. I continued my stroll while humming along to 'Touch' that was playing through my phone. I was making an effort to learn more about Mark's group and listen to their songs more.

Finally I arrived at the front doors of Mark's company, and upon entering I was welcomed by the soothing cool air. It truly was a different environment within these walls. The same woman from last time was sat at the receptionist counter and once she saw me her face lit up with recognition. She waved me over before greeting me with a warm smile.

"Hello, ma'am. Mark's been expecting you. I'm Yoona, by the way."

I quickly bowed at her before thanking her and introducing myself, "It's nice to meet you, I'm Mina."

She waved me off, "Oh I know, that boy never stops talking about you. You shouldn't keep him waiting any longer." With that she nudged her head as a sign for me to get moving, and I gave her one last smile before turning away. She seemed like a sweet person, and I decided to make more of an effort in getting to know her.

It was then I realized that I had no idea where I was going. I turned to face Yoona once again while biting my lip, and she raised an eyebrow at me. She pointed to her left and laughed, while I thanked her and bowed one last time before striding off in the pointed direction.

I slowly wandered the halls of the unfamiliar building, feeling out of place every time I passed by men and women with suits or earpieces or briefcases. The company was fairly quiet except for the hustling of busy workers or the light music playing over the intercom. I recognized one of the songs from when Hana would blast music in her room and hummed along silently.

What was the group again? I think it began with an E.

Eggos?

As I approached a corner, I heard the sound of giggles. My eyebrows raised in interest and I peaked my head around so as not to get caught. My face fell at what I saw, along with my mood.

That girl from Hoseok's party, (Yeti, was it?), was standing a little too close for my liking to Mark. She had her hand on his arm and was looking at him with a glint of something in her eyes. Attraction? He had a smile on his face, too, and didn't seem to mind her lingering touch on him. I retreated back against a wall and leaned my head against it, tilting it towards the ceiling in hopes of holding back any possible tears. Geez, Mina, stop overreacting, is what my mind kept telling me but when I pictured the situation in my head my heart pained. I bit my lip while closing my eyes.

"Mina?" A low voice pulled me out of my thoughts as the voice's owner placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, Taeyong-ssi, hi."

"Please, lose the formalities and speak comfortably with me." I just nodded, my teeth returning to gnawing at my bottom lip. "Aren't you meeting Mark in," he glanced at his watch, "now? I'll help you find him."

"No, really, it's fine. I think I was going to head out, actually." I tried to reject his offer but the hand that was on my shoulder was now wrapped around me as he lead me away from the wall.

"Nonsense." He smiled sweetly at me. "You are the only thing Mark talks about and the rest of the guys are getting antsy, they really want to meet you for real."

I couldn't argue with the guy, the look on his face was so genuine that I felt bad for trying to leave. I made a commitment and I couldn't just back out last minute because I was butt-hurt. I'm not a child anymore. We rounded the previous corner and Mark and Yeri were no longer there, to my relief, and I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I'd been holding.

Taeyong gave me a look as he released me, seeing as I wasn't trying to run away anymore. "Are you okay? You seem upset." I kept silent at his question, giving him a hesitant nod, before he sighed. "If you ever want to talk, you can talk to me. Any friend of Mark's is a friend of mine, and I hope in the future we can become good friends ourselves."

I stop walking and after a moment, once Taeyong notices I'd halted, so does he. I look up at him with gratitude evident on my face. "Thank you, Taeyong. That really means a lot to me." I give him an affectionate smile and he just ruffles my hair, smiling back as we continue walking. On the way we exchange phone numbers as well.

Finally we find ourselves at the cafeteria. Taeyong bids me farewell at the entrance, saying he'll see me soon, and I scan the large area for Mark. I find him paying for two drinks at the counter and when he turns around, a drink in each hand, he spots me and grins widely. I give him a half-hearted smile, memories of earlier replaying in my head, before shaking them away. No, Mina, you're not going to sabotage yourself by making assumptions. You know Mark and he's better than that.

We both make our way to a table and Mark places the drinks down before engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Hey, stranger." He breathes into my hair and I greet him back, parting from him so we can both take a seat.

"I got you some coffee." Mark offers me one of the drinks on the table, and I graciously accept it.

"When do I get to meet your members?"

"Hey, hey, slow down, we're not even dating yet." Mark bites back a laugh and smirks.

It takes me a moment to understand what he meant, and when I do a look of disgust and unamusement overtakes my face. I punch his arm and he winces, whining that it actually hurt. "Don't be gross. Besides, I said members- plural. Why would you have two?" I cross my arms but then remember something else about the statement. 'We're not even dating yet'. Yet? My heart raced at the thought and I felt slightly giddy.

Mark just snickers to himself before moving on, "We can go now, they should all be gathered in the practice room by now." I nod and we both stand. As we move to leave, Mark suddenly grabs my hand and clutches onto it as he leads the way. I smile at our intertwined fingers and give his hand a squeeze which he returns, beaming down at me.

As we near a glass door similar to last time, boisterous laughter and the sound of many, many voices conversing fills my ears. Right before we enter, Mark looks down at me.

"Are you ready for this?"

I gulp. "Ready as I'll ever be.", and with that Mark opens the door.

--

Please please please vote if you like the story! It means so much to me and reassures me as an author. Also, feel free to leave some feedback by commenting! Thanks for reading :)

Updates might come a little slower this week, I have to study for finals and work on some projects but stay tuned!