Crossing The Barrier

Maya's P.O.V

I sprinted all the way back to me, Mal, and Evie's dorm. Evie was gonna be so mad at me.

I bursted in our bedroom door panting "Evie..I'm so so-orry I'm..late" I wheezed

Evie said nothing as she sat silently on Mal's bed.

"Eves?" I questioned walking over to her "What's wrong" All she did was pass me a note

Guys,

I'm sorry. But I just couldn't do it anymore. I've gone back to the Isle. I'm sorry, I love you.

Love,

Mal

I sat there shocked. Mal had gone back to the Isle?!

"Oh my god" I gasped as I felt my eyes start to water a tad "What are we gonna do?" I said looking at Evie

At this point she seemed to have collected herself well enough to think rationally. "Well we have to go after her" Or maybe not.

"E, Mal really hated it here. She made that much apparent" I said rubbing her shoulder

"No she didn't!" Evie fought "She was just having a hard time, she stayed here because she loved it" Her voice cracked "Don't you remember, Mal loved it" She wimpered

"Alright, alright" I sighed as I hugged her from the side

But my stomach was twisting in knots and I hated every second of it. I had to go back to the Isle of the Lost, and risk facing my mother, who would kill me on sight. Thanks a lot Mal. Couldn't you have run away to the castle or something??

"Does Ben know?" I asked, thinking about the new King

She shook her head no. "Okay here's what were going to do" It was obvious that I had to be the adult here. Blah, adults are no fun. "I'm going to go tell Jay and Carlos, we're not liked very much over there, so traveling in numbers will help, you tell Ben. Got it?"

"Yeah, yeah okay" She said getting herself together

"Okay I'll meet you in front of the school with the limo in 20" I said as we both stood up off the bed "Lets just hope Mal doesn't get herself in to, too much trouble" I prayed as I walked out the door

I ran down the stairs, across the hall, up another flight of stair, across another hall, and into Carlos and Jay's bedroom. I didn't even knock I just barged right in.

"Woah, where's the fire?" Dude said

wait. DUDE SAID?

"AHHH " I screamed startled "YOU-YOU'RE TALKING" Was all that managed to come out of my mouth

"What? How?" I questioned as I looked across the room, at Carlos as he approached me

"It's a long story" He sighed "I thought you had a 'stupid dress fitting'" He changed the subject quickly, and laughed a little, as he grabbed my hand

Here comes the hard part "Yeah there's been a little change in plans" I said as I looked down at our feet

"What's up May?" He asked concerned

"Mal's gone back to the Isle" I said near a whisper

He heard me though. Loud and clear.

"Oh no." He said releasing my hands, and moving over to sit on his bed

I moved over to sit with him and rested my head on his shoulder "We've gotta go get her back"

That caught his attention "You can't!" He stood up and yelled "Maya" He kneeled back down next to me "Your mother is going to know the second that you step onto that island. There will probably be a bounty on your head. Literally." He said

"You can't go back there" He engulfed me in a hug "You just can't" He whispered into my hair

"Carlos" I said as I pulled back from the hug "I know. But I have to" I touched the side of his face, there was already silent tears streaming down my face, and he looked like he was on the verge of them.

"Well you know I'm coming with you right?" He sighed, giving up the fight

 I laughed "I wouldn't have it any other way"

He kissed me tenderly, and I sighed into it. Evie and Mal kept telling me that Carlos and I love each other, and that they're sure of it. But how am I supposed to be sure of it?

We sat there for about an extra five minuets, just being in the moment together. But then I remembered that we had to meet Evie.

I broke the kiss, and smiled slightly, as he did the same "Come on. We gotta go meet Evie"

"Are you sureeee" He complained. When I tried to stand from the bed he just pulled me right back down and into his lap.

"What are you doing" I laughed, as I adjusted myself to face him

He nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck "Are you sure we can't just stay here" He cooed

"Come on" I say, sliding off his lap "Lets go" I said as I pulled him up by the hand "You've gotta get Jay, and I'll go and pull the limo around. OkaY?"

"Alright" I was about to turn around and walk out the door but then I heard Carlos say my name "May" I turned around and within .002 seconds our lips had connected once again. I sighed into the kiss, wishing that we could stay that way forever. But then reality hit.

"I'll see you soon" I said as I was the first one to pull away 

"Alright" He sighed

This time I actually did walk out the door.

I closed the door behind me and quickly turned over my watch to see how long I had. Five minuets was the answer. OOoHhhH! I'm late for EVERYTHING!

I sprinted down the hallways, back down the stairs, out into the courtyard, around the building, and into the parking lot. It's time to do something bad.

I ran over to the limo that us five were picked up in originally, and I quickly used my magic to pick the lock. Shhhh. No one has to know.

I got in the car and used my magic once again, to make a make shift key. See if I had my cards this would be a lot easier, but oh no! Everyone had to give their shit up except Mal! Now we gotta go get her dumbass back. Ughhhhh. Why is everything always so complicated on the land of the princesses????

I pulled around to the front of the school and got out of the car. Jay was a much better driver, I mean, I almost wrecked the car just driving to the front of the school, so I was just gonna sit in the back.

I stepped out of the car to see everyone there, plus Ben.

"Evie" I huffed and turned to her "You weren't supposed to let him come" I said as I pointed towards Ben

"He wasn't gonna let us go if we didn't take him" Evie shook her head. Yeah that was a huge lie. But to save time I just nodded my head.

"Alright everyone lets go" Jay said, from the drivers seat

"Here, put these on in the back" Evie said as he handed me my Isle clothes

"Thanks" I smiled at her

Ben hopped in front with Jay so I could change. Lets be real. It's nothing Evie and Carlos haven't seen before. hehehehehe.

I started unbuttoning my pants and Carlos blushed bright red, and turned away 'out of respect'. Bullshit. The windows were tinted, he could still see me in the reflection. 

When I finished changing, I slipped on my old red, leather jacket. It was nice. It was comfortable. It scared the shit out of me.

Then.

We crossed the barrier, for the second time.

. . .

ik so dramatic

but hehe yolo!

i was at the lake today and now im so sunburnt i can feel the cancer.

awessommmeeeee

bye loves

-TOL<3