3

The chariot started to move, slowly at first, then picking up speed. We pass though a massive archway in the training centre. The capital scream and clap cheering our names. I wave and smile, people cheer my name louder. I can hear other names but mine it the loudest.

We arrive out side President Snows mention. A vast building, made from white marble with golden fountains sparing different coloured water. And the people, everywhere. Everywhere I look someone is screaming my name. Our faces are being projected onto massive screens with our names. One person in particular court my eye. The screen says her name is Havana, district four the screen says, however she's in the district five chariot. Havana looks like she's meant to be in district four. With her sea green eyes with slight flakes of blue, her hair is a light blonde like the most of the population of district four. Havanas dress is blue and flows like the sea.
"What's going on here it seems that we have had a mixup with the tributes for districts four and five" I hear Caesar Flickermen voice boom over the speakers. That were meant to be for President Snow. The two girls quickly get out of their chariots and switch. The crowd laughing the wigs off, the two girls bright red get into their correct chariots as Snow starts to speak.
"Welcome, welcome, welcome," Snow says a vividly obvious fake smile plastered across his fake face. The only part of him that actually seem real are his eyes, black and heartless like a snake. I think and he starts speaking again.
"As you can see we bla bla bla tributes, bla bla bla bla bla rebels bla bla cpaitle bla bla power, bla bla bla bla bla bla your all going to die. Bla bla." Is all I hear as Snow speaks. The chariots star to pull away, as twelve is last to leave I find myself staring straight into the black depths of a snakes eyes, Snows eyes. I know I'm staring straight death and it's smiling. I wink at Snow as the chariot pulls away. (I didn't know it then but I'd just sealed my fate)

Once out of the training centre, we're lead by Ivory and Haymitch to an elevator. Once in Haymitch press's the number twelve. We shout upwards leaving the ground and my stomach far behind. The elevator pings, the doors open and once again a world of luxury awaits. Fine furnishings and food, a massive hallway with several doors a kitchen that's never been used. Ivory leads me to a bed room. My room. The room is massive about the size of my living room kitchen back home. I sigh as I flop on my four poster bed, I bounce slightly the springs are so new. I wound how often they change the mattress. I realise how tired I am and it's only seven o'clock in the evening. I see a different door to the one I came in from, I open the mystery door. It's a bathroom, a shower over a bathtub much better than the tin we bath in at home there's also a toilet in the corner this a marble sink in the middle of the room with a mirror hanging above it. I strip out of my black and red dress and get into the shower. There are so many buttons to choose I take my hair out of it's bun it doesn't need a wash it had once less than ten hours ago. I play with sense and foams until I decide on a pale green that smells faintly of apple. When I'm clean I dry myself on a towel that is a soft as a rabbits pelt. I change into a long sleeve dark green top with dark blue tight fitting jeans.

Ivory calls us for dinner. We eat in silence. I eat a roll with a lamb chop with a small salad. Everyone else has plates piled high with food even though I'm eating a lot it looks like I'm staving myself compered to everyone else.
"Why aren't you eating" Liam asks.
"I don't want to get into the habit of eating too much just to have to go back to staving" I reply ruefully. Liam doesn't respond just nodes and go back to eating. When dessert come around I excuse myself knowing that I don't have that much self control to turn down the massive cake covered in ice-cream that was making it's way over to the table carried by a Avox.

I return to my room bush my teeth and rewatch the reaping the first time I wasn't paying attention.
I pay attention this time especially to districts one two and four. From one a strong talk boy about 18 he volunteered same with the girl but she was small in stature but you could still see her strong arms and powerful legs. District two was pretty much the same except the girl was taller. District three where both reaped and cried they were siblings and by the looks of things twins. District four the boy volunteered big and strong and then Havana the girl from the chariot mixup she was reaped but still looks like a career by the way she smiled. Everyone all the other districts were all reaped the ones that stood out for me are all the children three twelve year olds are three 13 year olds. It would be harder to kill children. I might to change my strategy for the arena, I think I'll just be me. I don't want to kill children. I go to sleep comfortable but not safe. I could never bring myself to kill a child. Never. These games might be the toughest yet. I think as I slip into an uneasy sleep.

I'm woken by someone knocking at my door.
"Phoenix time to get up dear you've got a big big day!" Ivory sings happy. I grown and roll over, not wanting to move. I sigh, sit up and go have a shower using the same soap as yesterday. I get dressed into clothes that have been left on the side of my bed. Tight black pants and a red top with a big black 12 stamped on the back. I head down the stairs for breakfast. I have two medium size pancakes with two strips of bacon. The second I clear my plat it's time to go to training.