Tiana Busia (RED)

Let me just say that the Greek and Roman gods revealed themselves like a month ago. Now, before you get all suspicious about me, I am not a slut or any type of popular. I am a normal girl at Clarion so I don't claim to be a child of any god. However, Alana Grace Rand does. She claims to be a daughter of Zeus. It's annoying.

      Sorry, my name's Tiana Busia and I'm a normal human being on the social ladder. My best friends name is Rachel Elizabeth Dare. I only know her last name because she tells me her deepest secrets. I've sworn not to tell anyone about her dad.

      Anyway, we've just been called to the auditorium/gym thing for a special announcement or something. I walk alongside Rachel and when we step inside the gym her face pales. I look toward the stage and see why. Her dad is talking to the principle, Mr. Glade.

      "Hello, ladies and teachers," Mr. Glade announces quite cheerfully. "Today we have Mr. Dare to speak to us about demigods. Have fun. Mr. Dare?"

      "Thank you, Mr. Glade. As he was saying, I am here to talk to you about demigods and how they are a threat to our society." At this I look over the crowd and listen to some of the murmurs people are saying. I pass over Rachel and her face is bright red and she looks pissed. "They have been through two wars and both have been given by the Oracle. If there weren't anymore Oracles then our world would be almost safe. Our first step to safety should be killing their Oracle."

      Rachel stands up and yells, "So you would kill your own daughter?" Her father looks at her and frowns. "You would kill me for the sake of your world? It's not my fault the Oracle chose me to be its host!"

     "Sit down, Rachel!" Mr. Dare shouts, his face almost as red as Rachels. "And you're not the Oracle! The Oracle is very old, not a teenage girl."

      "You're right, dad." At this he smiles, thinking he's one. "The Oracle spirit isn't a teenager. I am and it chose me to be its host. Ask me anything about demigods and I'll prove it." At this point, Rachel goes all stiff and green mist pours out of her mouth.

      "What's the first Great Prophecy?" I ask. I've always wanted to know this. I'm actually fascinated with this stuff.

      "A half-Blood of the eldest gods
shall reach sixteen against all odds
And see the world in endless sleep
The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap
A single choice shall end his days
Olympus to preserve or raze"

      After she says the prophecy, a blinding light flashes in front of us and there stands a boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a tan. This has got to be Apollo.

      "Well, well, well. My little Oracle has done well." At this, Rachel falls onto me and I catch her. Her eyes flutter open and she smiles at me. "All right. Mr. Dare, wonderful but very impossible speech. The spirit cannot die. Now," he says, turning to Rachel. "My father has requested you and the seven and a few others on Olympus now. Being the drama queen he is, he's impatient. Oh, I'm feeling a haiku coming."

      Rachel groans and says, "Not now, Apollo. Save it for Olympus." And then, in a flash, they disappear. Mr. Dare is still standing there, open mouthed and speechless. After all, my best friend is the Oracle of Delphi.