1

A cheerful, yet deafening voice pierced through the morning silence. Although, it wasn't your typical humanoid voice, it was the upbeat voice of a nearby bird of some sort gleefully singing it's favorite tune. It was quite the calming sound, but to others, it quite literally felt like nuclear sirens blaring through an entire city.

"Shut up." A lump from under a pile of blankets groaned, shifting around under its little hut. While the noise didn't die down, it seemed whoever was under the blankets came to terms with the chirping, and started letting the land of dreams consume them once more. Or at least that is what was happening, right before another problem entered the already complicated mix.

A thunderous boom echoed throughout the room. Typically, ones reaction to this event occurring would be to instantly look around their room for the source of the noise. However, in the current situation, it was ignored as a whole, leaving the noise up to the imagination as to what made it. Well- not the imagination of the lump.

"So, are we going to do this the easy way?" A feminine voice called out, seeming to seek an answer from the grouchy figure under the blankets. Unfortunately for the girl, an answer is what she did not receive. "Okay. Just remember you forced my hand, and have nobody other than yourself to blame." She once again called out, making her way towards the bed.

In one swift motion the girl yanked each blanket off, grabbing presumably the hair of whoever was underneath. A pained, but mostly agitated groan filled the air for a few seconds, the figure that had been hidden finally sitting up, and revealing itself to be a human. Well, at first glance you'd think he was a human, but upon further inspection, two very distinct things disproved that theory.

"OW!" Austin jumped out of his bed, holding his ears hoping to stop the pain. The girl who had pulled the orange fuzzy ears was now towering over him, trying to keep herself from laughing, but failing after seeing Austin's reaction. He growled and lunged up, tackling and pinning down the girl, but she just continued laughing. "That was a dick move, Amber!" Austin shouted, looking her dead in the eye, but it didn't effect her, so he just let go of her and got up.

"It's not my fault you're so lazy you barely wake up!" Amber stood up, grabbing Austins arm and dragging him out his room. Austin explained how he's not a morning person, which his best friend obviously knew, but didn't care at this moment, she had a reason to having to wake him up early. "Today's gonna be our first day at Beacon! We need to make it to the airship before we're too late!" She exclaimed, grabbing her suitcase, and rolling it to the front of the door, Austin doing the same thing.

He walked to his car and set his suitcase in the back seat, grabbing Ambers and doing the same thing as she entered the passengers seat of the car. They drove to the airship, both of them filling the silence along the way, anxious yet excited to go on to their dream school. When they arrived, there were crowds of people boarding many airships, dozens of people in each of them already, Austin and Amber got their suitcases, and rushed to the nearest airship, getting to the back of the line, and finally entering after about fifteen minutes of waiting.

They looked around the crowded ship, and easily spotted their best friend, Mark, who had been chilling on an empty bench. Fortunately, he also noticed them, and waved them over, and of course they cooperated, and headed over. "Hey nerd, what's up." Austin chuckled, taking a seat and sighing in relief, "Don't call me Amber." Mark chuckled back, getting a "Hey!" look from Amber, causing both Austin and Mark to laugh.

"Can you believe we actually made it to Beacon?" Austin asked, staring up at the roof, trying to stay awake. Mark said how it had always been his dream, but he always doubted he'd make it, and saying how he felt he finally done something with his life put a smile on his face, and it made it even since his two best friends were going to his dream school with him. Austin gave him a "Thank you" and "I'm happy for you" smile, looking at the holographic screen showing "CCT News" in front of him.