2

"Boop!~" is the first thing Austin heard, right before being smacked dead center in the nose, causing his head to fly up, and his hands grab his nose as he winced in pain. In front of him was the silver haired girl he called best friend, she was cutely sticking her tongue out, and her eyes were closed. "I really hate you." He growled, putting his hands in his lap as he adjusted to the light, "What time is it?"

"Time to get ready for initiation!" She answered enthusiastically, getting up, and throwing the fox's bag into his lap, startling him. "Mark's already getting dressed. Go and join before you're the reason we're late again." He groaned, getting up and walking off after saying "What do you mean again?"

He walked into the guys restroom, his bag in his hand. Stopping dead in his tracks, Austin looked over to a guy in a green tailcoat who was brushing his teeth, but was confused as to why there was one, a girl in the guys restroom, and two, why she was just rapidly talking to him as if she wasn't doing anything wrong.

Ignoring what he just saw, Austin walked over to a stall, and locked the door behind him, dressing out into his combat/everyday casual outfit. He put his pajamas into his bag, and walked out, looking at Mark who was now the only other person in the restroom as he finished brushing his teeth.

The blonde looked over at him, and shook his head slightly. "Don't you ever get bored of your normal black hoodie, jeans, shoes, and gray shirt? Not to mention your gloves- which may I add are also black." Austin scoffed, looking at him. "I could say the same thing about you." Mark looked at him, and pointed, meaning "Touche" without actually needing to say it.

Austin rolled his eyes as he took out his toothbrush, and quickly brushed his teeth, putting it back and heading back to Amber with Mark right after. "Finally, you two are done! Now, let's get going to breakfast, I'm starving!" Mark agreed, but Austin stopped them both and looked at Amber suspiciously. "You weren't rushing us so we weren't late to initiation, you were rushing us cause you're hungry and didn't wanna sit alone in the lunch room!"

Amber scratched the back of her head, an awkward smile appearing on her face showing she just got caught. "Alright you win. Now can we go? I've been waiting two hours for you two to wake up and get ready!" The two guys nodded, walking off out of the ballroom without Amber, causing her to yell at them to wait up.

After finishing breakfast, the trio headed into the locker room, grabbing their gear out of their assigned lockers, and setting them up. Austin fixed the black sword holster that was on his back, that wasn't too easy to see unless you're looking very closely, Amber did the same thing, only her holster was smaller, white, and had gems lined up neatly and organized, and Mark adjusted his bracelets so they would stay in one spot and not slide everywhere.

"Hey. Let's try not to get ourselves killed today, yeah?" Austin looked over at the other two, as they stared at him, slightly nodding, but knowing they would somehow get into a life or death situation. "Hey Austin!..." A familiar voice said from behind him, sounding a bit nervous and awkward. He looked back to see who it was, wondering who else besides his main three best friends knew his name, already forgetting the people he met.

There stood the silver eyed girl, awkwardly smiling, trying not to make a fool of herself. "Hey, Ruby. How're you?" The fox smiled at her, ears twitching as he waited for her response. "Pretty nervous honestly. I barely know anybody here, so getting a team isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world..." She looked down after saying that, sad she hadn't made many friends yet.

Austin put a hand on her shoulder, saying "I'm sure everything will work out" to try and cheer her up, and calm her mind. His plan didn't seem to work too much, but still worked a little. "Hey, is that your weapon?" Ruby points to Abyssal Shroud that's sheathed behind his back, causing him to nod and pull it out. "Same weapon I've been using for about two years now. I've grown a pretty big attachment to it if I'm being honest. Can trust this thing to get me out of the most life threatening situations."