Chapter- 01

❝Meeting him was like, listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favorite

❝Meeting him was like, listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favorite. ❞ -Unknown.

•••

Juliet's POV.

I sighed packing my stuff into my bag and hoisting it over my shoulder. I walked out of the 'Employee Only' room, saying bye to my co-workers and hugging my best friend Lucy.

"I'll miss you Juli." She murmered with her arms around me and pulled back a few seconds later.

I smiled sadly at her, "I'll miss you too, stay in touch alright?" I said hopefully and she nodded.

"Obviously! Take care hun." She said as I walked from behind the counter to the front door. I nodded, yelling out a faint 'you too' and walking into the crisp air.

In case you didn't figure out yet, I got fired from my job because as per the manager I apparently wasn't 'emotionally stable enough' for one.

While I will admit that might be true, from my parents divorcing eachother and me having to pick sides and Jack breaking up with me, one could say that I was kind of emotionally unstable.

But that wasn't anyone else's choice to decide, the right belonged to only me. And I wanted at least one thing to be the way it was before last month.

Guess luck just wasn't on my side this past month, I thought as I unlocked my car and sat in, igniting the engine and driving off.

--

"I shouldn't have to pick between you both, Mom! Even if you are no longer together, you both are still my parents."

And here it was, the same scenario that happened almost everyday in this God forsaken house.

I couldn't understand my mother and father, ever since they seperated all they seem to care about who I wanted to visit.

Maybe it was because I was an only child or because this was some ego thing, but I should still be allowed to have a choice in this.

And my choice was to meet them both occasionally while still living in my apartment. But God forbid, they understood that.

They didn't agree with me and said that I had to choose. That if I met up with one, I couldn't meet with the other. Which to me sounds like a load of bullshit. I wanted a healthy relationship with both my parents. Not just one.

Psh, they acted like I was 16 instead of 25.

Anyhow, I was done with this conversation just as much I was done with both of them. I would stay in my place until they realised just how immature all of this was.

My mom was still ranting about something as my thoughts cleared but I cut her off,

"I am sorry mom but I am done with this conversation." I said, ignoring her shocked gasp and protests as I went out the door and to my car, fully intended to go to my apartment and relax.