Chapter- 04

*this chapter is as edited as i could make it out to be, if you still happen to find mistakes, do not hesitate to point them out

*this chapter is as edited as i could make it out to be, if you still happen to find mistakes, do not hesitate to point them out.*

•••

❝I hate the fact that I don't hate you, not even a little.❞ -Unknown

•••

Juliet's POV.

When afternoon arrived, I was anticipating meeting him. I knew there was a high chance that I wouldn't be able to convince him to let me leave, but that didn't mean I wouldn't try.

After all, trying is all I can do.

I had spent the whole morning lying in bed, contemplating what has become of my life overnight.

I mean, I went from wanting to have a great time with my friend to being kidnapped by this dangerous stranger.

I heard the door creak open and the same maid from before come inside. Her eyes were lowered as she spoke, "Sir demands your presence in his office. Please follow me." She turned and left the door open, clear indicator for me to follow her.

I got up and merely fixed my hair, breathing deeply to prepare myself for the inevitable.

As we walked through the hallways, I realized that this wasn't a house. It was a mansion. If I thought the room was beautiful, the walls and interior of this place was magnificent. Gold chandeliers were hanging from the ceiling, spotless royal red carpet covering the floor making me scared of leaving even a little dot of dirt on it by my filthy shoes.

I wondered just how rich was this guy and how he was that rich?!

We stopped in front of a big mahogany door, which seemed to be his office as the maid knocked twice and left the other way. His deep voice resonated through the door, "Come in."

I twisted open the doorknob and stepped in, closing it behind me. I lifted my eyes to his face and oh my, can I just say it should be illegal to look this gorgeous. He was wearing a suit and spectacles, I am guessing to help him read better and look even hotter, while gazing over a few files.

He removed his spectacles and set his papers aside, crossing his arms and looking at me with that cunning smirk which makes him look all the more sexier and dangerous.

"Have a seat, Juliet." The way his husky voice pronounced my name made me weak in the knees. He had this way of casting me under his spell, just by shifting his eyes on me. A way that Josh, my ex, never had.

But wait, I never recall telling him my name.

"How do you know my name?" I sit and ask accusingly but he gives me a bitter smile.

"I have my resources and I don't think you are in any position to question me seeing as this is my house you are in." He says menacingly, a cold expression replacing his barely there smile.