Chapter- 05

*i did edit this chapter as much as i could

*i did edit this chapter as much as i could. if you still happen to find mistakes, do not hesitate to point them out!*

•••

❝He put me through hell and I still couldn't let him go.❞

•••

Juliet's POV.

The next few days went by surprising well. Turns out, 'proving myself' actually meant to cook, clean and do whatever household chore Luciana gives me. I was relieved when I had found that out. It could have been a lot worse.

Luciana and I got along very well too. She is very shy but she did open up to me a few times and cracked jokes. I am happy I was able to make acquaintance with her and 2 other nice maids. The rest 3 of them were just snobby and flat out rude, it actually shocked me how poorly they treated Luciana and the nice ones named Shelby and Rosanna. It shocked me even more that they didn't stand up against the snobs, just let them be mean. I did put a stop to it though, the first time I saw it happen. But I am not always around and I knew they do bully Luciana and the girls when I am not.

Right now, I was scrubbing the kitchen counter humming quietly. Shelby was in the other corner of the kitchen, mopping the floor. The rest were in the other parts of the house.

Luciana popped in her head and my gaze went to her. She looked worried; nervous even. I stopped scrubbing, "What's wrong?" I ask her, walking to where she now stood.

She twiddled with her hands before sighing, "Sir demands your presence in his office."

My heartbeat stopped for a few seconds. Since our last encounter, I haven't had another one with that GGG jerk so it was kind of weird that he was asking for me.

Did he finally trust me? Did he want to kill me? God, did I do something wrong? I didn't even try to escape. What happened? What could he possibly want? Did he---

"Juliet, Juliet. Chill. He probably wants you to clean some room or something. Don't panic." Luciana holds my shoulders and says in a quiet mutter.

"If he wanted me to clean a room, he could've told you. What if he wants to kill me, Luci. I don't want to die yet." I say in a fearful tone and she sighs as if she is exasperated.

"You know, he is not that bad right. He wouldn't kill you for no reason, especially if you have not done anything to defy his orders. Now, you go up to his office with your chin high. Nothing will happen. I will be waiting. Go." She says and pushes my body out the kitchen towards the end of her sentence.

I look back only to see her standing with an encouraging expression, "Go Juliet." She says and I walk to the stairs with slow steps...

Let's hope I don't die today.

---

I knock once, my heart beat fast. I don't even understand my nerves, I think it's the fear. He says a faint 'come in' and God does his gruff voice do wonders to my body. I twist the doorknob and step in, about ready to bolt out any minute. I look at him but don't make eye contact.