:Chapter 1: Edited

:Chapter 1:

        It was staring at me dead in the eyes. The Dalek. But I wasn’t scared. Never did these things scare me. It was nothing but a small defenceless being cowering inside its big metal shell. They were pathetic and I was a Time Lady – the last Time Lady.

        I ran towards it as fast as I could and jumped, placing one foot on the front of it as my other foot kicked it right where the eye stock attached to the rest, causing it to fly off the Dalek, blinding it. As a precaution, I detached its shooter arm, leaving it completely harmless before I ran out of the control room of the Dalek ship. Now I needed to find Joni. Damn that girl was always wondering off. I smelled the air for something not alien until I found trace of her cinnamon perfume she liked so much. I followed the smell until it became stronger and stronger. I arrived in front of a locked door. I pressed my ear against the door and listened.

        “You will be exterminated, human!” a Dalek spoke with its horrible voice.

        “Shut up! I don’t care what you say. As long as Artemis is alive, you ugly ass Daleks are screwed!” Joni spat at them.

        I rolled my eyes, she was always this feisty and rude, I wasn’t surprised at all. After a moment, I realised the reason they were keeping her alive was to keep me on the ship. I knew the second she was dead, I had no business being here. I also knew now that there were 3 Daleks in the room, nothing I couldn’t handle. I took out my sonic laser and carved a large circle before kicking it powerfully, sending the mass of heavy metal onto one of the Daleks, damaging it.

        I point my sonic on the second one and get it in the eye stock. Joni came running towards me, relieved that her best friend was once again saving her life. I dealt with the other Dalek by doing the same as I did to the first. All we had to do now was get to the TARDIS and leave this place for good.

        I smiled over to my companion and she smiled back.

        “Artemis, I was almost scared for a second,” she laughed.

        “I wasn’t, I know you could have kicked their asses as easy as I did if I didn’t get there,” I replied.

        As we were just about to walk through the hole I made, the first Dalek that I damaged yelled “exterminate” and a blue flashing light hit Joni right in the chest and she fell to the floor.

        “NO!”

________________________________________

        “NO!” I yelled as I sat up in my bed in my dark room, covered in cold sweat.

        There was no spaceship, no aliens and no Joni. I wasn’t Artemis, the Time Lady – whatever the Hell those were - named after the Greek goddess for her hunting skills, but Jayden Travis, a normal human girl from Harrow, England. It was all just a dream. So why did it feel so real?

        I heard footsteps in the hall and Gretchen knocked on my door.

        “Jay? Are you ok?” my roommate questioned before entering. She looked concerned and troubled.

        “Yeah, I’m fine. I just had another dream as Artemis. I’ve been having them for as long as I can remember and they’re never the same…” I frowned.

        “Maybe… you should get some help about that? Living a second life in your dreams isn’t a common occurrence,” she suggested, sitting on the edge of my bed.

        “Nah, you know I hate the idea of seeing a shrink,” I replied and I opened the draw of my night stand and took out a small deep purple book. I flipped it to a blank page and took out my favorite pen.

        “So you’re just gonna write everything down as usual?” she sighed.

        “Yes, I am. These are interesting dreams, who knows, maybe I’ll make a book of it?”

        I shrugged and she frowned. She seemed to think my dreams were more then what they were, dreams. I had stopped questioning them long ago.