:Chapter 22:

***50 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 23***

Hey hey! Already updating! I got the votes so fast on the last chapter and I never reached the votes asked on the one before, weird haha. I'm glad you all liked the fight ;)

I haven't seen my boyfriend since sunday and I can't see him till Friday! We are the type of couple that spends almost everyday after school together. This is torture! Also before I see him Friday, I'm going with a friend to start looking for prom dresses! Can't wait! ^^

Now I really really like this chapter and I really really hope you guys like it too ^^ I don't know why, but this chapter is really special to me and it's also very important for Artemis' and the Doctor's relationship :) I'm hoping for a lot of votes on this one! ^^ Love yo faces and I really need to keep these ANs shorter hahaha

**********************************************************************************

:Chapter 22:

A week later, I woke up remembering bitterly why my TARDIS was empty, just me. I had felt compassion and sympathy for River Song which wasn’t bad, but because of that, the Doctor and I weren’t talking – well I imagines we weren’t because he didn’t show himself in my TARDIS all week and I was too… ashamed? Guilty? I wasn’t sure what was the feeling stopping me from seeing him, but it wasn’t a pleasant one.

When thinking back, I knew I was right and I spoke the truth just like I always do – not about him being a prick and stupid, that I regretted – what I did wrong was the way I spoke. The Doctor wasn’t one to yell at and I knew that. My point could have been much more easily made through calmly talking to him. I was just in such a rage! Long had it been since I was really furious like I was that day. But now that my anger had melted away and I realized my mistake, I felt sad and lonely, wishing I was better at controlling my emotions.

With a long sigh of regret, I pulled myself out of bed, tied my hair into a high pony tail and applied my ruby red lipstick even if I didn’t intend on seeing anyone that day. I decided that I was going to my special place and time to meditate and think. Pulling the lever to my beautiful machine, I sent it flying through the Time Vortex. It was tricky to land where I had to go since I had to go around a massive time bubble, but when the shaking ending, I found myself exactly where I wanted to be.

On the top of a small hill that had an amazing view of the ruins of the town I ran away from so long ago, I breathed in the Gallifreyan air. The sun light hit the silver leaves of the trees of the nearby woods, making it look like it was on fire, just like I remembered.

I walked just a little down to hill to sit on a boulder I went too as a child. I thought of the morning I kissed my mother on the cheek and left for the Citadel, the last time I ever saw her… That day seemed so long ago and it was. I was just a young woman then, so full of hope for a warless world. I was now so old and knew war would never end. It was useless to think it would ever end. Life will fight and defend and conquer and lose and die. What was the point? Or maybe the years had just made me bitter…

“You never told me you came from Dirgat, Artemis. This isn’t far from where I grew up. You see the mountain on the other end of town? My town is right behind. Funny how so close we were without ever meeting and so many years later, beating the odds, we met in Harrow, England…”

The Doctor walked up behind me and sat down in the grass beside my boulder. I didn’t look down at him. Instead we sat in silence, both looking out into the distance and what used to be. He must have decided we hadn’t talked for too long and opened the door to see Gallifrey out the big window. The silence wasn’t awkward or tense and I knew just with that all was forgiven and there was no need to bring it up. I ended up breaking the silence with something unrelated.