Chapter 1

Rosalind's POV-

Lucian Rodriguez. My alpha-to-be is... well more like was, my mate. I can't believe he didn't even recognize me. Actually I take that back, he was never one for brains. I didn't really have anywhere to be after our little discussion but I needed to go find my bae. While I was walking out of the school I bumped into Jasmin and she noticed something was wrong, I don't know how... but then again I never know with that girl.

"Hey you okay? What happened?" she asks.

"I found my mate."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"It was Lucian wasn't it?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"He's never talked to either of us and suddenly today you find your mate and he talks to you."

"Makes sense."

"Listen to me, he is an idiot so ignore him. He doesn't deserve a girl like you as a mate. He's a jerk and always has been. Now, come on let's go to class or would you rather go to the beach?  We could talk about this and you know what else." She says

"Sure, after school though because I had plans. Can you go ahead and text Vale, Mike, Jera, and Anna? They'll want to come with us."

"Sure, you go do whatever you need to do and then I'll call you to let you know when I'm picking you up. Sound good?"

"Sounds perfect. Great, well I guess I'll see you later."

"Bye!" I wave her off and walk towards my car.

     Once I arrived at home, I opened the refrigerator door and there he was, in all his delicious glory, Mr. Ice Cream. I grab it and then also grab my laptop and throw it on my bed. I myself jump into bed and quickly login to my laptop and open Netflix, or as I like to call it, bae number two. Hey, can't blame a girl! I watched Lost Girl until I finished the series... my heart broke... and after I started watching Grey's Anatomy. I tried stopping... but that just wasn't going to happen now was it? At around five Jasmin called me and told me to get ready because she was on her way. Typical, she always calls me last minute. I quickly put on my red bikini and threw on a white dress over it with simple flats. Once finished, I heard a honk in the front door and so I hurriedly grabbed my phone and ran to the car.

      Once arrived at the beach and we took our skateboards out. We skated for half an hour before going to a nice ice cream shop which I didn't bother to read the name of.

"Okay before everyone else gets here what's bothering you?" I ask.

"Well nothing really, it's stupid. My brother Nicholas keeps spreading false dumb rumors about me."

"Oh, well come on we'll get payback. Now come on cheer up."

"Okay. Oh, and since Lucian is your mate don't you think that he'll start spreading rumors and bothering you?"

"Yeah but it's not like I actually care. He is my alpha. Well, will be my alpha. I'm not letting him get away with whatever he wants to say. If he's going to spread rumors then fine. I've played this game with him before and I'm not afraid of doing it again."

"You're smart. I was going to suggest you switch into my pack, but you're brave. I admire that girly." She says laughing.

In the distance, I see some familiar faces. It took them long enough!

"Took you guys long enough." Says Jasmin voicing my thoughts.

"Sorry." They reply in unison.

"Oh. Almost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Yells Vale. Then they all start to sing Happy Birthday and since we're in an ice cream store, the lady at the cashier brings me a cookies n' cream ice cream and everyone in the store sings along too. Watch, imam get fat, so much ice cream today. But who cares?! I love it!