014 | Nightmares

Erika awoke in her room screaming her lungs out. Her mother rushed to her side from the small table by the window. She took in her surroundings to see that she was still in the hospital, but Conan wasn't in sight. Relieved, Erika let out a sigh as it was just a nightmare. Although, she felt a chill trickle down her spine since the encounter felt very realistic.

"Mom...when can I go home?", Erika asked her mother as she took the elder woman's hands in her own.

"A couple more days, maybe tomorrow", Natalie replied," why the rush?"

Erika shook her head. She wanted to tell her mother why, but she couldn't--she needed an excuse. An internal fighting took place within her as tears stained her cheeks.

"I just miss Rizzo so much", she cried at the false statement.

"Oh sweety, he misses you too, but you need rest", Natalie put a hand to her daughter's cheek, cupping it with motherly care," but I'll ask the doctor"

"Thanks, mom", Natalie bent down and kissed Erika on the forehead before leaving the room.

Alone once more, Erika got lost in her thoughts. Images of her nightmare repeated themselves in her mind. Conan--he was alive. He was here and talked to her. Erika's vision became blurry as the images progressed--Connor was yelling and Hank was punching someone. She was confused at this since it all felt real. Erika opened her eyes to see the doctor enter her room, but her mother wasn't with him. Now nervous he looked at the doctor who had his back facing her. She took in a gulp to suppress her fear and moved her hand to the nearest object to defend herself. To her disbelief as the figure turned around, it's cold blue eyes pierced her in the gut. Conan. His voice was different as he spoke and he carried himself in a professional manner.

 His voice was different as he spoke and he carried himself in a professional manner

"Hmmm, babe, guess what I got", her mind went blank as she felt herself falling, Conan's voice echoed throughout the void," I got more parts to help with your arm"

She felt a familiar warmth that now was alien to her touch. An arm grabbed her as she felt stable to sit up. The man caressed her cheek in a loving way and kissed her right arm. She felt a safe, but it was a false feeling. Her eyes met his and for a moment the blue became a calm wave that crashed against the shore.