037 | Anonymous Tip

The sky was now lit and displayed a clouded blue, as white specks of soft snow drifted down from the sky. Lieutenant Anderson started the engine in his car to warm it up to counteract the cold environment. Erika was finishing up the last of the order as Connor sat at one of the bar seats in the cafe. He liked watching her create the intricate designs with the frothed milk as it was a skill not implemented into his programming.

"You are very skilled at that", Connor complimented the young woman as she finished the last cup. In return, she gave him a smile then capped the paper cup and placed it into a carrier. 

"Thank you, I can teach you sometime", She removed the apron and hung it along with other aprons on a wall hook," but for now we are expected at the DPD"

She grabbed the carrier with the two lattes while Connor grabbed the two travelers of freshly brewed coffee. They exited the cafe and Erika locked up the front doors until her mother would open up in the next hour. The two then piled into Hank's car and headed off to the station.

"Erika, I'm glad you caught on, if you didn't your mom would've found out", Hank told the woman who sat in the passenger's seat for the day as Connor sat in the back.

"Yeah she'd kill you if she knew I was a rookie detective", she put up her hands and made quotations marks with her fingers as she said the word rookie. Connor noticed the behavior as it was similar to the way the lieutenant did a while back. The two were really like a father and daughter--close and mirrored each other at certain points. 

The android began to think of their relationship and questions began to formulate in his mind: What else is there to their relationship? What does this mean for him? Does the lieutenant have more history that he is not aware of?

These questions duplicated themselves within his database as they became recorded, repeated and created other questions involving Natalie, Cole, and Erika's deceased father. Connor continued this question processing as the drive to the station commenced and the father and daughter figures talked about old memories. Things seemed that nothing was wrong, no issues about deviants or humanoids were present, the world felt peaceful.

As the snow sprinkled  itself onto the already blanketed road, Connor gazed out until the bright shimmer of the crystallized water became a dark flash

As the snow sprinkled  itself onto the already blanketed road, Connor gazed out until the bright shimmer of the crystallized water became a dark flash. Connor blinked as his eyes adjusted to the snow-covered zen garden.

Amanda.

She would usually communicate with him when he was alone or at the cyberlife tower, so by contacting him in the middle of a car ride was out of the ordinary. Although given the fact that he did not report last night's findings clarified the sudden nature of the contact.

 Although given the fact that he did not report last night's findings clarified the sudden nature of the contact